Any game pad better than Snes USB replica for the Pi?

Soldato
got a pic zero in march for my birthday and hadn't done too much, so yesterday I decided to finally do what I originally wanted a Pi for, so I replaced Jessie lite for retropie and had installed kodi as the 2nd main thing I want from this computer and so over the last few hours after getting wifi adapter to work I've been installing packages of pretty much what comes up apart from any controller stuff, but when I first launched retropie before anything else a speedlink pc game pad I've had for over a year wouldn't cooperate with the control setup and I've discovered this pad is backwards even on the pc, so I need a new one however while a PS3 controller gets good praise I am looking to build a part arcade box setup(want it for Kodi also) and incorporate a retro pad as it's a cardboard box I'm using and is not big enough anyways for arcade sticks/buttons.

I've seen the snes USB rep on pieHut for £5 and wondered if that's the best I could do in terms of game pads?

Soldato
wow that's one big long sentence. I had to breath just reading it :p

8bitdo's SFC30 is probably the best snes pad rep. Their NES30 even better though. same button layout but with two pairs of shoulder buttons and it also has two sticks. both are bluetooth.

Soldato
wow that's one big long sentence. I had to breath just reading it :p

8bitdo's SFC30 is probably the best snes pad rep. Their NES30 even better though. same button layout but with two pairs of shoulder buttons and it also has two sticks. both are bluetooth.

SFC30 is almost identical to SNES pad.

I did a tear down of both here:

http://muchreviews.com/index.php/8bitdo-sfc30-vs-original-snes-teardown/

Also reviewed here:

http://muchreviews.com/index.php/8bitdo-sfc30-game-pad/

Apologies if my site is slow, been meaning to re-host it but not done anything with it in ages.

Cheers,

G

Back
Top Bottom