Help me find a new game please :)

Associate
I've just checked it out on Stream. Looks like some sort of real world survival game!

whats it about

Yep, it's a survival game.
Planet is plunged into darkness, no power etc.
You have to survive during eternal winters & fend off Wolves, Bears etc whilst trying to feed/heat & find clothing without freezing to death.
You're not stuck in one map, you can find paths between one to certain others.

Soldato
Hey, I've just finished my uni course last week and am looking at finding some new games to play as I'll have some more time over the summer. Does anyone have any good suggestions? I have quite a big steam library but never seem to manage to finish a lot of games. Of late I seem to be losing my interest in games and will only play a select few, I want to try to get back into some immersive games.

Some of my favorite games:
Hotline Miami
The Last of Us
Mount & Blade
Rocket League
Total War Series

Any suggestions would be great, just looking for something new to capture my interest.

If you like total war could try EU4 it's like total war in roids. I'm loving the depth and complexity of it much better then any other 4x I've played.

Associate
OP
Some great indies about. Try
The Swapper
Limbo
Inside (same studio as Limbo)
Machinarium/Botanicula/ Samarost 3 (Aminata Games studio)
Bittrip runner 1 and 2

That should keep you going.

I liked Limbo, the swapper and inside, those are some of my favourite indies, probably because I could complete them in a small amount of time. Have you tried Little Nightmares? I tried to play that thinking I would get the same experience as Limbo/Inside but I just don't like it very much.

If you like total war could try EU4 it's like total war in roids

I have tried playing EU4 thinking it would be on the smae level as HOI, but i just dont seem to do very well in it haha, i die or get stuck in a position where i can't expand every game because of alliances...

Associate
OP
The Witcher 3, one of the most immersive games I have played.

I too have a lot of steam games but find it hard to sit down and play many. The witcher 3 was one that once I got into it just sucked me in and i would lose hours at a time to it. It does take a while to get into it at first as it is a bit of a steep learning curve, but after a few hours it clicks.
I have got to be one of the few people who don't like the Witcher 3, I don't even know why, i know i should like it and i have tried to force myself to play it on a number of occasions but im just never interested enough to continue :(

Soldato
I have tried playing EU4 thinking it would be on the smae level as HOI, but i just dont seem to do very well in it haha, i die or get stuck in a position where i can't expand every game because of alliances...

Yeah it's playing a long slow game to get anything out of it, you have to be patient and build up is what I'm finding but when it works it's so rewarding!

If you already have it give Muscovy or Ottaman a try to get hang of it as whilst they have drawbacks they are pretty strong. Can't play it at all like TW which is what got me for ages getting into. I put in about 3 hours in a year but since "getting" it I've done 55 in the last 3 weeks :p

Soldato
Yep, it's a survival game.
Planet is plunged into darkness, no power etc.
You have to survive during eternal winters & fend off Wolves, Bears etc whilst trying to feed/heat & find clothing without freezing to death.
You're not stuck in one map, you can find paths between one to certain others.

Downloading Now!!

One other game worth getting - If you're in to 2D fighter and Dragon Ball Z. Is Hyper Dragon Ball Z.... iTS FREE!

Associate
Downloading Now!!

One other game worth getting - If you're in to 2D fighter and Dragon Ball Z. Is Hyper Dragon Ball Z.... iTS FREE!

Don't forget to wear a pair of these whilst playing ;)

img_5598-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom