AORUS X5 V7 Release Date?

Associate
Hi Atom80,
I went for the cf3 version of the x5 (LT-02N-AU) as I personally think that the lower res screen is much better suited for the gtx 1070.
On the other hand if you say that this version will ship only weeks later I can check with the OcUK sales team if I might change my oder for the cf1.
Thanks again for your help!

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
@Atom80 this might be a silly question but van you turn all the led lit keys/power symbol off?

Like for when watching a film in the dark

Hi Tefal - this isn't a silly question, but YES the Fusion RGB keyboard is fully customisable, including being able to switch off completely for scenarios such as watching movies, or whatever.

Thanks,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom80,
I went for the cf3 version of the x5 (LT-02N-AU) as I personally think that the lower res screen is much better suited for the gtx 1070.
On the other hand if you say that this version will ship only weeks later I can check with the OcUK sales team if I might change my oder for the cf1.
Thanks again for your help!

Hi Flux42,

OK, as mentioned to the CF1 sku is certainly the first arrival, but the other two variants should be following "close" behind. Let us check schedule and post more details to enable you to make informed decision.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Daamn, just saw the announcement of the x5 md (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_mt0VgUL5M&ab_channel=Vortez).
I think I'll still be going with the regular x5 v7 as I can't just wait what is probably another 4-6 months and personally doubt this max q branding.
Am wondering if someone has spotted any benchmarks for the max-q gtx 1080. Would be interesting to know how it compares to an overclocked 1070 when running in the same shell at the same temp (say 85°C).
They have to justify the price increase somehow because an advertised -15% performance VS the regular gtx 1080 would bring it really close to an overclocked 1070.

Associate
Daamn, just saw the announcement of the x5 md (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_mt0VgUL5M&ab_channel=Vortez).
I think I'll still be going with the regular x5 v7 as I can't just wait what is probably another 4-6 months and personally doubt this max q branding.
Am wondering if someone has spotted any benchmarks for the max-q gtx 1080. Would be interesting to know how it compares to an overclocked 1070 when running in the same shell at the same temp (say 85°C).
They have to justify the price increase somehow because an advertised -15% performance VS the regular gtx 1080 would bring it really close to an overclocked 1070.

Max-Q notebooks will be available from 27th. I'm looking forwards to some reviews/comparisons.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
pre-ordered a long time ago. Any reason you are allowed to give for the limited numbers? lack of interest or streamlining of the models?

Hi Flux42,

The reason for limited numbers is simply that the demand is high and pre-orders are consuming the stock as soon as it lands, so actual stock on the "shelf" hasn't happened yet, although deliveries have. If you have pre-order placed we would expect that you should get it satisfied next week.

Hope that's OK and sorry for the wait.

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
pre-ordered a long time ago. Any reason you are allowed to give for the limited numbers? lack of interest or streamlining of the models?

Hi Flux42,

Just checked with OcUK and the orders they have on the CF3 product have been placed this week - so please check if your
order is placed because you say " a long time ago".

Thanks,

Team AORUS

Associate
Just checked with OcUK and the orders they have on the CF3 product have been placed this week - so please check if your
order is placed

Hi Atom80,

This seems weird as I ordered back when it was put online. Can I check this personally with you? I only know I have definitely paid it. The order only says "processing"

Edit: according to OcUK everything is fine with the order.
Product no: LT-02N-AU
Order date: 11 Apr 2017 17:19:00

I can also give you the order no

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom80,

This seems weird as I ordered back when it was put online. Can I check this personally with you? I only know I have definitely paid it. The order only says "processing"

Edit: according to OcUK everything is fine with the order.
Product no: LT-02N-AU
Order date: 11 Apr 2017 17:19:00

I can also give you the order no

Hi Flux42 - yes please post your order number, just so we can double check. Am sure everything is "OK" but lets just be safe.

The not so great news, is that the CF3 sku isn't going to land in OCUK next week, this has been because of delay getting the purchase order sorted - but it has been done today, so we can now allocate them stock as soon as its ready, shouldn't cause too much delay, but isn't exactly what we hoped was going to happen when we posted previously. Circumstances beyond our control, and hope it doesn't cause too much pain for you.

Will endeavour to speed everything up for you.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
@Atom80 order number is 3254808.
I need a laptop for the 10th at the latest. Would gladly upgrade to the cf1 if it is available next week. After that I fear my money goes to alienware.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
@Atom80 order number is 3254808.
I need a laptop for the 10th at the latest. Would gladly upgrade to the cf1 if it is available next week. After that I fear my money goes to alienware.

Hi Flux42,

What we do know is CF1, there are a few units landing with OCUK on Mon/Tues - the CF2 and CF3 situation is a bit more sketchy and unable to confirm exact dates until next week when receive information from HQ/Factory.

So CF1 is certainly the "best bet" but for sure not pushing you towards the most expensive model, that's literally the situation, so we feel its important to share with you so you can make informed decision.

"Hope" it helps in someway...

Regards and have a good weekend.

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi Atom80,

Thank you for the information. I will switch order for the cf1 next week if some of the arrival survive the pre-orders. Else I will keep my bet on the cf3 order as I assume to be pretty far in front of the pre-oder list. If neither the cf1 nor the cf3 have shipped within the two weeks I will have to cancel.

Do you have any updates regarding my order status?

I was also wondering if someone at aorus had fun overclocking the x5 md. It would be really interesting to see how it performs compared to an equally overclocked 1070 in the same chassis.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom80,

Thank you for the information. I will switch order for the cf1 next week if some of the arrival survive the pre-orders. Else I will keep my bet on the cf3 order as I assume to be pretty far in front of the pre-oder list. If neither the cf1 nor the cf3 have shipped within the two weeks I will have to cancel.

Do you have any updates regarding my order status?

I was also wondering if someone at aorus had fun overclocking the x5 md. It would be really interesting to see how it performs compared to an equally overclocked 1070 in the same chassis.

Hi Flux42,

Did you manage to grab one of the CF1 units: SMALL QTY LEFT

Posting in case you hadn't noticed the arrival - stock was booked in yesterday afternoon.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi Atom80,

Yes I was able to grab one. Thank you very much for the help. I'm glad I finally got this piece.

Regards,

Flux42

Back
Top Bottom