*** The 2017 Gym Rats Thread ***

Soldato
What can I do to substitute front squat? Lots of leg extensions? I can still do back squats.

If you're doing them to emphasise the quads then if you have the equipment, belt squats are fantastic (JTS have most of their athletes do them if they're lacking strength in the quads) as long as you don't let the knees drift back, or a decent hack squat machine.

Soldato
I'm doing the SL plan, so not a proper hypertrophy routine, but was wondering that I might not be eating enough as my weights pretty constant since I started.
I'm pretty relaxed with my diet as I only really count my protein intake and mostly get that through food rather than supplement.
Should I expect my weight to increase on SL?

Soldato
I'm doing the SL plan, so not a proper hypertrophy routine, but was wondering that I might not be eating enough as my weights pretty constant since I started.
I'm pretty relaxed with my diet as I only really count my protein intake and mostly get that through food rather than supplement.

I'm no expert but if your diet is right and you are losing fat and gaining muscle you wont see much changes in body weight..... u don't want to gain extra fat for weight.....
Just see how your body is growing and belt size round waist :)

Soldato

Training just creates the environment for favourable body composition changes; if you're a beginner and dieting at anything other than a snail's pace, then your weight will go down while you get your noob gains (because fat can be lost way quicker than muscle can be gained) and if you wanted to grow then your weight has to go up. With newbies the first few weeks of training cause more in the way of neuromuscular adaptations than anything else, then the hypertrophy starts occurring thereafter. If your weight hasn't changed after several weeks then if your aim is to grow, eat more.

Soldato
Training just creates the environment for favourable body composition changes; if you're a beginner and dieting at anything other than a snail's pace, then your weight will go down while you get your noob gains (because fat can be lost way quicker than muscle can be gained) and if you wanted to grow then your weight has to go up. With newbies the first few weeks of training cause more in the way of neuromuscular adaptations than anything else, then the hypertrophy starts occurring thereafter. If your weight hasn't changed after several weeks then if your aim is to grow, eat more.
Alright, well I'm 3 months in, and i'm still around 74 kg which I've been since the start really.
I'll add some food :)

Also, new deadlift best today, 100kg :D
Grip barely held through haha

Back
Top Bottom