• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Looks like the IO on these Asrock MB's are packed out. So it looks like there is no issues there.

Also what is Ultra M.2? I assume it's just marketing?

Soldato
It's just getting better and better for AMD, as long as Thread Ripper is competitive in performance and price. The 18 core Intel CPU is $2000 and Skylake-X and Kabylake-X aren't soldered. Intel have gone off their rocker. It seems as if Intel were taken by surprise with AMD's offerings and are too far into production to change anything.

Associate
It's just getting better and better for AMD, as long as Thread Ripper is competitive in performance and price. The 18 core Intel CPU is $2000 and Skylake-X and Kabylake-X aren't soldered. Intel have gone off their rocker. It seems as if Intel were taken by surprise with AMD's offerings and are too far into production to change anything.

WTF? $2000 chip with crap thermal material? That's shocking if true.
And this socket is huge - love it! Could be a 2 handed install required.

Soldato

We don't know if the 18 core chip is soldered or not, it is $2000 though. We do know that all the Skylake-X and Kabylake-X chips due for imminent release aren't soldered.

Soldato

I wonder if AMD 16core will be priced around £1000.
If so and there is added perf with quad channel over dual channel ram over the infinity fabric, I bet it will sell like hot cakes

Back
Top Bottom