The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Stars Wars Knights of the Old Republic. First time ever playing this game and have to say it still holds up. Perhaps a little bit of a slow burner but oh boy does is it get good once you get some Jedi powers and the story starts to develop. ThoughT it still looked pretty good too at 3440x1440 thanks to the flawless widescreen fix. Went for a Dark side play through that was great fun although I was quite shocked at what I had to do to one of the party members at the end! Must have been some game in it's day but I'd still give it 8.5 out of 10 even today.

Last edited:
Associate
South Park: The Stick of Truth - 4/5

Bit late to the party but what a cracking game.

My mate gifted me the game, wasn't going to play it. If you say it is worth it I might give it a go. How long did it take?

My last completed game was Mass Effect Andromeda. I would say 9/10 as honestly I never ran into ANY of the bugs people mentioned. It is a great pilot game for a new series. I did all available quests so I ended up getting a little bored. Had to play it in small bits. Took me about a month to complete it. MP is fun but repetitive.

Caporegime
My mate gifted me the game, wasn't going to play it. If you say it is worth it I might give it a go. How long did it take?
It's not too long compared to average RPG's, probably 15-20 hours if you take your time, but the humour and randomness make this a very unique experience and one you'll enjoy from start to finish.

Associate
I just completed Prey. I had no idea what the game was like, hadn't done any research and picked it up on a whim. Got to say that it is brilliant, 10/10. My game of the year. It was pretty much the system shock successor that I have wanted all these years. Only downside in my opinion is that it really is quite hard, quite a lot of stuff can kill you in one hit if you're not careful. I ran out of resources at one point and spent my time slowly creeping a friendly turret forward to kill stuff

Soldato
Max Payne 3

Decided to replay This after listening to a podcast dedicated to looking back at it. Played it at launch on Ps3 and this time in steam at 4k 60! And I must say it holds up pretty damn well if you ask me.

The Story is pretty much Man On Fire but Max Paynes narration has always fitted it really well.

The gameplay itself is maybe the only downside in that it is very basic just shoot out really, but it's all driven by an incredible soundtrack! The airport section and track 'tears' is just perfectly done.

Back then it was a 10/10, by today's standards (which isn't fair I guess) I would say 8/10

To think it cost more to develop than red dead redemption is staggering to me

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Mass Effect: Andromeda 7/10.

Far too much filler for a first game in a potential series, that being said I did enjoy it & certainly got my monies worth out of it, it was a pleasure just driving about in the Nomad listening to the back 'n' forth between your squaddies, some of it was v well written & damn funny.

Soldato
I just completed Prey. I had no idea what the game was like, hadn't done any research and picked it up on a whim. Got to say that it is brilliant, 10/10. My game of the year. It was pretty much the system shock successor that I have wanted all these years. Only downside in my opinion is that it really is quite hard, quite a lot of stuff can kill you in one hit if you're not careful. I ran out of resources at one point and spent my time slowly creeping a friendly turret forward to kill stuff

I'm about half way through it and I agree it is surprisingly hard at times although, quite cleverly, there is usually always a creative way of getting past what ever that challenge may be. My advice to anyone struggling is not to fight to the Nightmares - just find a desk to hide under and let the timer run down - cowardly yes, but saves that precious ammo...

Soldato
The Cat Lady. This little horror adventure game was quite brilliant. Properly dark and quite serious emotionally, delivered some genuine chills down the spine and some WTF moments. The story is way out there but it's great - some (actually most) of the characters you meet throughout the game are delightfully twisted too. Whilst completely different from Fran Bow, if you enjoyed it then you should give this a try. Great value even at the full price of £6.99 on Steam. 9/10

Caporegime
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil Remastered.

+ Expansive/connected levels
+ Freedom to unearth areas of the game world(s) in a linear or non-linear fashion
+ Great variety and number of weapons to collect
+ Some lovely ambient game sound/music
+ An interesting (and strange) amalgamation of ideas which work overall really well

- The sound of Adon's speech would usually cut out before she had finished talking
- The volume of the speech was generally too low
- Primagen boss fight was a bit of a tedious grind though that may be more down to my hate relationship with almost all situations like these
- The sound Turok makes when being hit becomes a bit of a nuisance after a while

All in all, a great game and one that I didn't think I'd ever complete due to repeatedly losing my save games when playing years ago on the N64. I also bought it for the PC in the early 2000s but never finished it then either (8.5 - 9/10).

I'm glad and rather satisfied to finally finish this game; I did kind of resign myself to thinking that this was one of those titles that apparently had 'got away' from me. Evidently not. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Witcher 3: 10/10.

What a game. Got to be one of the best ive ever invested time in. What the hell am i going to do now? Lol. I will probably get round to buying the DLC at some point but i think ill give it a little break first.

Anybody have any ideas what can fill the void? Ive heard people mention Rage and Homefront recently. So ill probably go for one of them.

Soldato
Witcher 3: 10/10.

What a game. Got to be one of the best ive ever invested time in. What the hell am i going to do now? Lol. I will probably get round to buying the DLC at some point but i think ill give it a little break first.

Anybody have any ideas what can fill the void? Ive heard people mention Rage and Homefront recently. So ill probably go for one of them.

What are you going to do? That's simple. You're going to jump into Nier: Automata without reading the reviews, finish all of it discovering all the stuff I can't mention on your own and have your brain blown off by the most unique and rewarding experience in recent years and the most amazing music.

And yes, you should play W3's DLC if you liked the base game but I'd mix it up with something different.

Soldato
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines. What an amazing find this was! I'd never heard of it before after seeing it when browsing GOG. I've since learned it's a cult classic and can understand why. Brilliantly written and really succeeds in creating an immersive dark vampiric world. Gutted that's it's over and definitely an experience I'll never forget. 9/10.

Associate
The Cat Lady. This little horror adventure game was quite brilliant. Properly dark and quite serious emotionally, delivered some genuine chills down the spine and some WTF moments. The story is way out there but it's great - some (actually most) of the characters you meet throughout the game are delightfully twisted too. Whilst completely different from Fran Bow, if you enjoyed it then you should give this a try. Great value even at the full price of £6.99 on Steam. 9/10

Ah good call. Saw that one a while ago and forgot to put it on my wishlist.

Also Vampire M B is another I didnt play back in the day.

Soldato
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines. What an amazing find this was! I'd never heard of it before after seeing it when browsing GOG. I've since learned it's a cult classic and can understand why. Brilliantly written and really succeeds in creating an immersive dark vampiric world. Gutted that's it's over and definitely an experience I'll never forget. 9/10.
I've always heard praise for this game. How well has it aged? May try it myself!

Back
Top Bottom