Arch rolling

Soldato
205/50 is significantly bigger than 195/45, especially in the looks department. Way too chunky for a little car :)

T1R's work ok on light cars I've found, but having tried other tyres since I had those myself I'd probably not have them again when better is available for the same money.

Saying that 2 of my friends have kit cars on 195/50/15 T1R's and they stick like mad. If you got 195/50's it would likely improve your situation (and the overall look) for about 130 quid fitted, mega cheap in that size.

Associate
OP
205/50 is significantly bigger than 195/45, especially in the looks department. Way too chunky for a little car :)

T1R's work ok on light cars I've found, but having tried other tyres since I had those myself I'd probably not have them again when better is available for the same money.

Saying that 2 of my friends have kit cars on 195/50/15 T1R's and they stick like mad. If you got 195/50's it would likely improve your situation (and the overall look) for about 130 quid fitted, mega cheap in that size.
Well the T1Rs that I now have aren't returnable soo... Ain't much I can do! Like I said I have new wheels with much less offset now so hopefully I won't have any clearance issues and all will be gravy.

Caporegime
T1R's were released something like 15 years ago, they are outdated tech and are shocking to the point of being almost dangerous on wet roads on a heavy car. Not so bad on a light car like an MX5, but still not great.

In the dry they are good though, and seem to stick like glue.

I had them on my MK2 MX5, they were good for drifts and donuts and sunny day thrashes, not so good for inspiring confidence in the wet.

I replaced them with Vredestein Sportrac 5's and the difference was night and day.

Don't worry about it though, just don't drive like a maniac on wet roads and you'll be fine.

Associate
In the dry they are good though, and seem to stick like glue.

:( It's these comments why people still buy them.

They really don't stick like glue, and if you think they do them what tyres are you comparing them too? Linglong/Sunny/generic crap ditchfinder.

I understand that people might not want the absolute best, most expensive tyres but there are much better tyres than those Toyos for similar prices. Also if the reason you're oversizing your tyres is for grip then the Toyos make zero sense. 195/50/15 Yokohama AD08Rs will absolutely **** on the Toyos in every condition imaginable if increased grip is what you're after.

Caporegime
:( It's these comments why people still buy them.

They really don't stick like glue, and if you think they do them what tyres are you comparing them too? Linglong/Sunny/generic crap ditchfinder.

Yeah to be honest in the dry-dry almost anything will stick like glue. I was just trying to make my post seem a little bit less negative. :p

Sorry OP, they are poor tyres. :(

Not helped by the fact that owners clubs and forums still have them on "recommended tyres" lists, because they haven't updated the lists for years... They are top of the list on E30Zone, I happen to have a pair on the rear of my E30 and they come unstuck all the time. I can even spin up in 2nd and the car only has 170HP...

Back
Top Bottom