Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Based on how the Tories threw the libs under a bus in the last coalition I would imagine there isn't a single party out there apart from maybe UKIP and the DUP who would be prepared to sacrfice themselves at May's satanic altar. UKIP will return no MP's and the DUP usually get around 10ish. So it still wouldn't be enough probably.

SNP might take a punt if they get a promise literally written in blood for another Indy Ref and probably a lot more autonomy. I couldn't see May signing herself over to their demands anyway.

It could well be a case that we have a hung parliament for weeks / months as no one can do a deal or no one wants to do a deal and then end up with another election near the end of the summer. Not sure what that would mean to brexit talks as if there is no government in place there can be no talks.

If the tories couldnt form a government with another party... would it have to go to another election or could Labour and another party take a stab at it?

Caporegime
If the tories couldnt form a government with another party... would it have to go to another election or could Labour and another party take a stab at it?
It's a pure numbers game, whoever gets enough MPs to be able to form a government gets the chance to do so. Obviously very interesting to see how Corbyn (pro-Brexit) could form a coalition with Farron (very much anti-Brexit) as I'm sure the Lib Dems would want a second referendum as part of the coalition agreement.

Soldato
It's a pure numbers game, whoever gets enough MPs to be able to form a government gets the chance to do so. Obviously very interesting to see how Corbyn (pro-Brexit) could form a coalition with Farron (very much anti-Brexit) as I'm sure the Lib Dems would want a second referendum as part of the coalition agreement.

I don't think there will be any coalitions this time around. Someone will try whether May or Corbyn to form a minority government if they get enough MP's to have a go and we will have another election before the summer is out. SNP and Labour doesn't even seem likely as I don't think either of their leaders are on the same page as one another on anything apart from maybe Labour giving the SNP another indyref shot.

Soldato
Didnt watch the debate but stand out line from JC on news about foodbanks and homeless people sleeping ouside our stations, and he is right, its like going back to the Thatcher era, i haven't seen so many rough sleepers living in box's since the 80's.

Personally I dont remember seeing this in the Thatcher era.
Maybe if we didnt have EU immigrants in Housing Assoc/Council properties there would be less tramps/rough sleepers.
Please don't get all arsey and think this is a stab at EU immigrants, it really isn't. I have very close friends that are Polish, but facts are facts.

Permabanned
Maybe if we didnt have EU immigrants in Housing Assoc/Council properties there would be less tramps/rough sleepers.
Please don't get all arsey and think this is a stab at EU immigrants, it really isn't. I have very very good friends that are Polish, but facts are facts.

I dont think thats the root issue. If the government actually built social housing whilst stopping the right to buy scheme we would have enough social housing.

Caporegime
I don't think there will be any coalitions this time around. Someone will try whether May or Corbyn to form a minority government if they get enough MP's to have a go and we will have another election before the summer is out. SNP and Labour doesn't even seem likely as I don't think either of their leaders are on the same page as one another on anything apart from maybe Labour giving the SNP another indyref shot.
I don't think either Labour or the Conservatives would want to try a minority government in the current climate. Of course in the event of a hung parliament there is another option; have another general election...

Soldato
the right to buy was a god awful scheme because subsequent governments simply did not build any more "council" houses. Council houses existed for a fundamental reason, to provide people with an affordable, secure, long term dwelling. The dream of making everyone rich so they could buy over inflated houses was always going to burst and it has.

It's also weird how in the UK everyone's priority is around buying a house. I have cousins in France and Germany and none of them have bought a house, and not because they are short of a bob or two, they rent and have mostly been in the same houses / apartments for 10+ years

Soldato
Please don't get all arsey and think this is a stab at EU immigrants, it really isn't. I have very close friends that are Polish, but facts are facts.

I remember the thatcher era, during which (at 15) I was officially made homeless, still back then the council actually owned things called houses, since right to buy (but never to invest in replacing) and destruction of local government in general, not so much.

Perhaps you can't remember this because you know nothing about council housing, demographics, or being on a low income?

Soldato
I don't think either Labour or the Conservatives would want to try a minority government in the current climate. Of course in the event of a hung parliament there is another option; have another general election...

If a chaotic left wing coalition scrapes into power, with a tiny majority Scorza, do remember to accept the will of the people and get on with it :)

Soldato
I do hope people remember who they voted for :s

Well obviously if it's a, no show, Trump hand holding, mudslinging, soundbitebot, survellance loving, type of leader, heading up the economy now the weakest in the G7 in July, you really have yourself to blame!

Caporegime
This time the SNP are fighting the Tories as much as Labour in Scotland.

Which is funny, because in non-marginals, that will hurt both of them. In marginals which a good few are (borders, some around Edinburgh), it will hurt them less, but still. Man i love FPTP, designed to explicitly keep this from happening, yet will now defend the SNP in glaring amusement.

Oh and the Greens are fielding much less this year, due to budget constraints more than anything, so any vote that went to them is heavily likely to go to the SNP.

Permabanned
If may wins....

I never want to hear people complain about the housing issue, NHS waiting times, food banks, gap between rich and poor and a variety of other issues they make worse. At least not till the next election. People get the government they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom