New Need for Speed 2017

Soldato
Isn't that kind of what NFS is about? Sounds like you want to play Forza!

Umm, are you perhaps new to the series?

NFS was never about tuning and underground racing until the Underground series. NFS1/2/3/4/5/HP2 were quite similar to Forza in nature. Incidentally, the franchise went downhill with each new release after Underground which itself had killed the atmosphere established by its predecessors.

Associate
Umm, are you perhaps new to the series?

NFS was never about tuning and underground racing until the Underground series. NFS1/2/3/4/5/HP2 were quite similar to Forza in nature. Incidentally, the franchise went downhill with each new release after Underground which itself had killed the atmosphere established by its predecessors.

Admittedly I never played the precursors, however my understanding is the one that got the franchise such acclaim, was NFSU2 (as echoed by others in the thread)?

At this stage, what could it bring to the table (that's new) that games like Forza don't already?

Soldato
Sensing the crew vibes, location looks pretty and off roading too is a first. The "build your car from the ground up" sounds quite intriguiing rather than slapping pre selected bodykits and wheels on it.

Soldato
Admittedly I never played the precursors, however my understanding is the one that got the franchise such acclaim, was NFSU2 (as echoed by others in the thread)?

At this stage, what could it bring to the table (that's new) that games like Forza don't already?

Previous games were iconic so I wouldn't say so.

No matter what they do, I don't think they can outclass Forza with its more than 500(!) really detailed, nicely-handling cars and an exotic location with a realtime day/night/weather system. Forza has indeed become the NFS of old minus cop chases. As far as games for car enthusiasts go, it's the pinnacle.

They could've ditched the open world and focused on making 40-50 very detailed closed tracks in exotic locations around the world with variable conditions, lots of beautiful cars and police chases.
Forza would have a worthy rival then and it would be a true return to form for the series if done right.

Alternatively, they could just make the world really interesting and varied like in HP and Rivals. Both those games were closer to past NFS titles and both were much better than the crap Underground reboot that came afterwards.
Ditching such locations for a small and bland recreation of nightime LA (how original) was the worst move ever.

Soldato
Damn, don't want to be a Negative Nancy but that trailer looks ridiculous... When will they stop pretending this still has something to do with NFS and just call it Fast&Furious or something? Why are they so hell-bent on making each subsequent game more preposterous than the last and keep on adding those hackneyed braindead action plots? It's a racing game that's always been about exotic car races and police chases FFS. And it's obviously set in America for the umpteenth time...

Soldato
The new super builds look really good. Hopefully we can drive the relics without upgrading a thing.

Seems the same kind of handling of 2015 had but.. without playing it I cannot speak for it.

Only hope we can offroad without the offroad coat, that'd be.. interesting and difficult.

Soldato
Looks like complete trash. And I mean just complete, total, enveloping pure 100% diarrhea.

Zero physics, zero driving feel, surely no cockpit views, dumb cinematics

At this rate, we might get a properly good NFS game (good physics, cockpit views, exotic cars, exotic locations, custom electronica music by Rom di Prisco) sometime in the next century. But probably not even then. EA!

Soldato
Looks like complete trash. And I mean just complete, total, enveloping pure 100% diarrhea.

Zero physics, zero driving feel, surely no cockpit views, dumb cinematics

At this rate, we might get a properly good NFS game (good physics, cockpit views, exotic cars, exotic locations, custom electronica music by Rom di Prisco) sometime in the next century. But probably not even then. EA!

But but, the target audience claim it's 'sick, that's good right?

Soldato
Looks absolutely appalling, even worse than I imagined. Exotic tracks, good handling, cockpit view and Rom di Prisco? Yeah, one can dream.
Maybe they'll think about it after making an NFS game with cars turning into mechs with gatling guns.

Back
Top Bottom