Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
That reminds me,I need to fit my private plate...had it 12 months now.

Get it done, I had this ages but finally decided to do it, not going to lie it took me all of 10 minutes to assign it to the vehicle, amend my insurance and then I just hopped in another car, drove to Halfords and got them printed. Think I want a short plate on the front and lose the surrounds.

Caporegime
Get it done, I had this ages but finally decided to do it, not going to lie it took me all of 10 minutes to assign it to the vehicle, amend my insurance and then I just hopped in another car, drove to Halfords and got them printed. Think I want a short plate on the front and lose the surrounds.

I've got the plate printed already, I just couldn't get the rear plate off before, it's stuck on REALLY well. And I have no clue how i am going to line it up level and centre...

Soldato
astralowered.jpg

I fitted some Eibach Sportline springs and... oddly, the ride is way less crashy and jarring than it was before. Result. It may be an Astra but it's doing a brill job as a cheap and cheerful daily which costs peanuts to run.

Caporegime
Private plate on :D

1Y7A71h.jpg

And I await the questions "what does it mean?", oh and yes, I park like this all the time, my neighbours have two young children and a Shogun, I give them as much room as possible :) (The Up! is a visitor)

I like these. Test drove a facelift 1.4 150 DSG recently and thought it was very nice. Went for something else in the end but this was high up my list.

What sort of real world economy do you get with this engine ( as even though i didn't get one, my partner needs a new car soon and this could be one of the options for her)?

Last edited:
Soldato
FR 1.4 TSI 150

Previous car was a Zetec S 1.6

/hyburnate

It's quicker and I didn't want to wait for a stupid amount of time to get a car :p Sure slightly wish I got the 1.8TSI now but I didn't, I drive to work and back and to see the other half that's it :p

I like these. Test drove a facelift 1.4 150 DSG recently and thought it was very nice. Went for something else in the end but this was high up my list.

What sort of real world economy do you get with this engine ( as even though i didn't get one, my partner needs a new car soon and this could be one of the options for her)?

It depends on how you drive, driving to work I can get 45MPG is standard rush how traffic, on the motorway if I whack on the cruise control easily 55MPG. It is a lovely car, this thing is essentially fully loaded and it's just perfect, I drove to a customer in North London the other week on the motorway and it's just bliss, will get an auto next but at the time of purchasing this I had little experience with them and they didn't have one to test drive.

Once to warranty expires I'm going to work out if I want to keep the car or get something a bit quicker, I may keep it and put the REVO Stage 1 on it, I may get an older S3 or something - Depends on my priorities with moving out etc :p A friend of mine at 24 just blew out on a new A45 AMG as he's decided he doesn't want to move out, I'm not sure I feel like that :p

Caporegime
Never gets old. :p

I'm a bit jealous to be honest. I've had a couple of cars which look ace with no plate, but theres no way I'd get away with it round here... I got fined for having an incorrect size front plate! :(

Associate
156k just ticked over.

gave the car a good clean and replaced a few bulbs as a treat. 0wHc61k.jpg

Fitted a New stereo, rewired it and put im 4 x new speakers and dynamat . A bit too modern but i was able to change the colours to match and now have spotify and it sounds acceptable. GfedvtN.jpg

Not to gaudy even at night.

5BG6g8h.jpg

Looks nice when clean although the wheels let it down as they need a refurbishment.

UfzQjW5.jpg

Soldato
That old Merc just oozes class. The interior and shape still look quality even now. Such a shame Merc and BMW churn such lower spec chav wagons out now in all the POV spec 1/3 series and A/C class diesels with cloth seats and a stupid iPad stuck to the dash

Soldato
That old Merc just oozes class. The interior and shape still look quality even now. Such a shame Merc and BMW churn such lower spec chav wagons out now in all the POV spec 1/3 series and A/C class diesels with cloth seats and a stupid iPad stuck to the dash

Blame society and their (lack of) expectations :)

Soldato
Blame society and their (lack of) expectations :)
Yeh lack of expectations and finance. When I was young You had to be fairly well off to buy and maintain a premium German car and you stood out from the crowd. In the 90's My uncle always had a new top spec E class every few years and the amount of attention it would receive was crazy because it was just not available to everyone on easy pay monthly deals back then. Fast forward to now and I know people who work in retail on minimum wage that drive new German cars that they can't really afford.
When ever you see and old classic German car or Jag etc it's always driven by an elderly gent that has wealth and refuses to buy today's diesel crap they churn out.

Back
Top Bottom