• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which quiet graphics card?

Soldato
I have the palit 750ti and strapped a 120mm fan with 3 voltage reducers so it runs at about 2-300 rpm. It's completely silent in an ear held to case situation. Even with a heavy overclock the card runs wel below 60c whilst gaming at 1080p 60fps medium/high settings. (BF4)

However I fancied a little more eye candy so picked up a evga 1060 sc. it comes on Monday but has a 0db mode at idle so will mean I keep my silent PC whilst watching films etc and I don't mind a little fan noise whilst gaming as the game will 'more' than drown it out.

Associate
Thats the one I have. Just too slow now for things like Doom at a decent level, and No Mans Sky is pretty bad with it.
I'm fairly sure I'm going to get an EVGA SC based on this thread.

EVGA SC is the quietest 2-slot cooler available going from reviews, so good choice.

Also you can't really use No Man's Sky as a benchmark test, because the PC port is a pile of pants and runs terribly.

Associate
EVGA SC is the quietest 2-slot cooler available going from reviews, so good choice.

Also you can't really use No Man's Sky as a benchmark test, because the PC port is a pile of pants and runs terribly.

Yeah, a 'cinematic' 30fps with a GTX 1080 seems absolutely ridiculous. Feel sorry for anyone who can't refund it.

Associate
I am absolutely shocked at how bad the Gigabyte GTX 1060 Mini 6GB coil while is. I submitted a RMA request today.

It's horrendous! I measured the noise using a meter and the coil whine noise is literally 13 dB! That is really really bad, I can't work on my pc when I have to listen to that sound the entire time. I did some research online and it appears that Gigabyte GTX 1060 models appear to have the worst coil whine noise in on the market.

I've read that other brands are better (or at least way less coil whine). I wouldn't recommend you go near this card!

Back
Top Bottom