FIFA 18

Don
The 'first look' is tomorrow FYI.

EASports Youtube

DBkS90XXsAEYgr7.jpg:large

What are you expecting/wanting?

Last edited:
Soldato
i vowed to not get it this year, but then i got a ps4 pro and gave my son (who lives with his mum) my ps4. He's into FIFA with his friends so I guess I'll get it and we can gameshare. In terms of what to expect - i suppose they'll be minor tweaks. Slightly better graphics. Maybe a really big 'the journey' type single player game...?

Caporegime
I just want to enjoy it again. Barely touched 17 as it never really felt right. Since 14 they have went downhill.

i've never really enjoyed it since they switched to tactical defending. you don't have as much crunching tackles or superbly made challenges. it used to be really fun making them. now you can't as 9 times out of 10 it's a foul and a card. your now playing to try and nick the ball when they make a mistake, counter punching of sorts.

i wasn't going to buy 17 but then i managed to pick up a copy for £15 pretty early on (digital code). so thought at that price it would be worth a go. i must have played it for all of 2-3 weeks. wasn't that i couldn't win i had to completely change the way i like to play which sucked all the fun out of it.

Soldato
- 87 rated Chris Smalling
- Enhanced LT+RT dribbling
- Stupid game mechanics
- More dabbing
- The draining but addictive emotional investment of FUT Champs

Shut up and take my money

Don
OP
Lets be honest we aren't getting dedicated servers so may as well cross that off the list.

I want:
  • FUT: More options/variety to playing in the WL, i/e a midweek league so you don't have to spend a lot of your weekend trying to get games in.
  • FUT: More stats, I love stats, I want to see all the players I've ever used, their goals/assist, goals conceded for defenders/keepers, avg rating etc. Not just stats on my current ones
  • FUT: Better matchmaking, not just matchmaking against human skill but also teams you're playing against. I shouldn't ever play a bronze/silver team with a gold starting team for example and I certainly shouldn't play a Ronaldo type team with 80 odd golds.
  • FUT: More rewards for winning, 700 coins is rubbish.
  • FUT: To deter rage quitters, if you quit so many games you should be giving a timeout for hours. The same if you put your controller down, you should get disconnected automatically after a min or so.
  • FUT: Silly ratings on special cards, no championship defender should be an 87.
  • FUT: Special cards actually reflect some significant change from their NIF counterparts.
  • Engine: More intelligence when it comes to players actions. Pro clubs must be disgusted that that seemingly players just are happy to head the ball out for corners when unmarked, this would not happen in the real game.
  • Engine: Keepers again will be trained each day to work on where they parry the ball, this is the most annoying thing in FIFA, you rarely see keepers parrying into the space of a unmarked striker.
  • Engine: Keepers, improve the ones that are actually good! Neuer, Llloris etc.
  • Engine: Driven shot way too OP.
  • Engine: Weak foot even at 3* is too OP.
  • Journey Mode: I enjoyed this but got repetitive and the scripting is annoying that it doesn't change. Scoring 30 goals in 3 games should not get you loaned out to a Championship club :p
I'm sure I'll add more when I play the game tonight ;)

Soldato
I just want to enjoy it again. Barely touched 17 as it never really felt right. Since 14 they have went downhill.
Yeah I sold it and got PES17 for £5 instead recently, which is superior in terms of gameplay & AI but their myClub mode isn't as good as FUT.

Also no Pro Clubs alternative either unless I've missed it.

Soldato
The real Ronaldo now has an Icon card, too. You get him on loan for 5 games if you order the Icon edition. Sick.

Last edited:
Soldato
Conference league :p i like to start at the lower tier teams and work my way up in career mode.....

I'd also like to hear Kammy commentating :p

I don't think there will be much change, Just more 'realistic' dribbling as they say most years on release

Back
Top Bottom