What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Wonder Woman 6.8 / 10

it was OK, bit slow in places but overall pretty good - not quite a 7 though.

I thought David Thewlis was totally miscast as Ares though

The 3D was very good though, they seemed to have improved it a lot lately, it didn't have much of the separate fore, mid , background popup, the depth smoothly transitioned from front to back.

Soldato
Life - 7.5/10

Ryan Reynolds plays Deadpool in space (not a bad thing). The ending was predictable, but a good twist. I enjoyed the claustrophobic/alien stalking feel of the movie (Alien!) but i was disappointed in the actual design of the alien itself.

Maybe i have been spoiled by Alien/Aliens etc, but as deadly as this alien was, it just didn't LOOK like a rampaging killing machine.

I know the alien wasn't killing for killing sake, merely trying to survive, but we had the alien start as a cell, so it could have evolved into any design - a giant, swimming octopus type thing was poor :(

Man of Honour
The Mummy - 7/10

Quite enjoyed this, felt like a good starting film for a franchise of films containing Dracula, Frankenstein, The Wolfman, Capt Nemo, Jekyll and Hyde etc etc.

Good sfx (better than Wonder Womans at times shoddy CGI) , decent take on the story. Really liking the actress who played the mummy (and was the Alien chick in the last Star Trek movie). The film did feel slightly long imo, maybe by about 15 mins or so but I can forgive that as the first in a series and to be honest I could do without the romance/love interest, but enjoyed it and look forward to the next film in the Dark Universe.

Man of Honour
Wouldn't mind a new Dracula but it would have to go some to beat the 1992 Dracula. I thought that was outstanding whereas the other Mummy with Brendan Fraser was hardly epic.

Thankfully I found this telling of the Mummy very different from Frasers Mummy, it was less jokey and was darker, if they can continue to develop this series of Dark Universe titles in a similar more dark vein then it could make for a decent Frankenstein/Dracula type of films

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
The Mummy - 7/10

Quite enjoyed this, felt like a good starting film for a franchise of films containing Dracula, Frankenstein, The Wolfman, Capt Nemo, Jekyll and Hyde etc etc.

Good sfx (better than Wonder Womans at times shoddy CGI) , decent take on the story. Really liking the actress who played the mummy (and was the Alien chick in the last Star Trek movie). The film did feel slightly long imo, maybe by about 15 mins or so but I can forgive that as the first in a series and to be honest I could do without the romance/love interest, but enjoyed it and look forward to the next film in the Dark Universe.

Totally Agree it was a good take on the Mummy and like you say a introduction to the "Dark Universe" which may change depending on the legal battle. Sofia Boutella was superb and really shined imo. She stole the show away from the female lead. The intro was superb and the build up was nice. The pacing was a little erratic but felt the plot mechanic faltered slightly trying to squeeze in the beginnings of the dark universe and would have been better placed to focus on The Mummy and story. I would give it a 7/10. Sofia Boutella !!!

Back
Top Bottom