SLEEP - when do you start, how long, and when do you get up?

Associate
I have two young children, so my sleep pattern has been messed up for years. I genuinely try to be in bed by 10-1030 and then i read until 11 before trying to nod off. I usual wake between 5-6am depending on the kids, sometimes earlier and the days when they sleep in until 7am is a heaven.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Usually bed at 11pm, up at 6:15am then leave the house at 7:30am for an 8am start.

Associate
7-8 hours for me between the hours of 10-11pm and get up at 6.15!

Living in a flat with large windows however heats up the space considerably, although last night made a push/pull fan combo to suck cold air from the window open in the spare room to the main bedroom, sleep so much better when it is around 21c than 27c eurgghh!

Associate
A nap after coming home will help a lot. At least 30min, recommend around 90 minutes.
Thats the only way I can keep night sleep at 6 hours.

If you find that on weekends you shut down for 9+ hours, thats a clear sign of not having enough sleep during week. And unfortunately these weekend long sleeps don't help at all.

Soldato
Work mon-thu from 9am to 5.30 pm.

Sleep during weekdays:
2017-06-07_09.33.25.png

2017-06-07_09.33.31.png

Sleep when I'm off/free:
2017-06-07_09.33.41.png

2017-06-07_09.33.50.png

2017-06-07_09.33.58.png

Yeah my sleep is rubbish these days, especially first 2-3 days after weekend, but generally get little deep sleep and wake up 2-3x per night.

Have to be in work at 9am, alarm goes off at 8:30 or so, 5-10 min to wake up/get dressed, then run to car and hurry to work.

Man of Honour
how about this for ****** up sleep pattern

1z18gur.jpg

its really annoying as the other month I sorted it out and actually had a very good and regular sleep pattern for several months, now its gone to **** again. :(

Soldato
Jesus, how do you live?

I've been there, done that, and never again.
Aftter 3-5 days of bad (eg <5hrs) sleep I'm really ****** up, an abrupt movement may then result in a sharp pain in half my head, I can barely make a normal conversation (my speech is stuttery and I can barely understand people), I can barely think and I'm completely lifeless.

I need my 6 hrs (and preferably at least 90-120 minutes of deep sleep) of sleep to function normally. To not feel tired I need about 8-9 hrs of sleep.

I hd a total of 3 hours with 1.5 hours being the longest period on Sunday night, great start to the week. Monday night was better, then last night I went to bed around 10:30, woke up at 2 with my left leg spasming and in constant pain, got back to sleep at around 4:30 after taking paracetamol, up again 6:30am.

Usually, when I don't get random insomnia or pain in my leg, I'm in bed about 11pm and wake up at 6:30am, still feel tired a lot of the time though.

Need to be put down really.:o

Associate
2am to 8.45am in the week and 2am to 10am at the weekend. I am tired a lot of the time but if I get too much sleep then I turn into an insomniac so I prefer just being tired most of the time. Extra sleep at weekend helps.

Associate
How do those sleep apps work on your phone?

you put the phone on your bed and they record movement and sounds.

currently sleeping 1am to 10-11am but I'm gonna start sleeping earlier again (10pm to 6-7am) so I'm adjusted for when I start uni. wish I could get away with 7 hours of sleep a night i'd have so much more free time

Soldato
I get to work around 7:30am. This has been the same through most of my working life. I get up around 6:15am and finish work around 5:30pm (I work a nine day fortnight). For all this time I've been able to go to bed anywhere from 10pm - 1am without much issue.

Mid to late 30s now and I find going to bed after 10:30pm will cause me to struggle the following day. ideally I'm in bed around 10pm. Never thought I'd be one of 'those' people.

I blame being in a more senior position these days with too many meetings :(

Associate
Well my pattern is now messed up but i'm fine with it. Have a 4 week old daughter. Averaging 5 hours sleep every night, going to bed at 9 and getting up at 7. Only got 4 last night feel like death warmed up today.

Soldato
Bed about half 10 - 11, up at half five for work, on the bike at just gone six and in the office at half eight, that's if I'm lucky. I'm only sticking this London working thing out until January then I'll start looking for different work I think.

Soldato
Bed about half 10 - 11, up at half five for work, on the bike at just gone six and in the office at half eight, that's if I'm lucky. I'm only sticking this London working thing out until January then I'll start looking for different work I think.

2 and a half hours commute, **** that. Life is too short.

Soldato
2 and a half hours commute, **** that. Life is too short.

This is the realisation that I'm quickly reaching. It was a calculated move to be honest, good role, good money, good progression and a good opportunity to take the additional experience to a company a bit closer to home in 12-18 months. I love London as well so the novelty of being in the city should keep me going until I can orchestrate something else. Downside, I'm now cycling 32 miles a day so the oats department of Morrisons now takes half my pay!

Associate
This is the realisation that I'm quickly reaching. It was a calculated move to be honest, good role, good money, good progression and a good opportunity to take the additional experience to a company a bit closer to home in 12-18 months. I love London as well so the novelty of being in the city should keep me going until I can orchestrate something else. Downside, I'm now cycling 32 miles a day so the oats department of Morrisons now takes half my pay!

In a years time of cycling that daily you'll be an elite athlete :D Averaging 8mph is a little slow, I'm guessing youre in traffic as well?

Back
Top Bottom