Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
First show of a swingometer!!! Yes!!!!

Looks like exit polls overestimated the remainder vote pro - labour. Verrrry interesting.

I think its probably insane to try to extrapolate an error in the error margin from two results. Once 100 are in I think we'll have a better idea. I think at the moment the exit polls have sent some shivers up some backs and talk of exit poll errors is more to do with some self reassurance.

Caporegime
I still think Cons will win. Still predicting a 20 seat majority.
Even though, a disaster for May. Maybe a leadership challenge on the cards.

betting markets seem to agree with you... wonder if they're to be trusted more than exit polls... they still got Brexit and trump wrong

Soldato
betting markets seem to agree with you... wonder if they're to be trusted more than exit polls... they still got Brexit and trump wrong

Betting markets don't have more information than you or I. They are reacting to smaller than expected swings.

Soldato
Theres quite an odd air about the coverage imho, it seems quite damming towards May at the moment. The travesty that is the sun is already talking about Boris Johnson as PM. The knives are already out!

Man of Honour
Theres quite an odd air about the coverage imho, it seems quite damming towards May at the moment. The travesty that is the sun is already talking about Boris Johnson as PM. The knives are already out!

Was just going to say looks like the knives will almost certainly come out for May within the Tories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom