Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
After all the front pages yesterday about how amaze balls Theresa is and how awful jezza isim glad a lot of the electorate ignored the papers. They have a lot less clout then I thought
imagine what it would have been without biased lying papers, i font know what the solution is, but media should have to hold some-sort of credibility up. Maybe extend litigation laws.

Soldato
I'm shocked, Portsmouth south my local area is now Labour. First time ever I believe.

Not sure where they can to from here. While the Conservatives have the most seats, the "more left leaning" have more overall.

Will the Lib Dems seal there fate by going into a Conservative coalition?. Can't see how hard brexit could be on the table with them.

Looking at the voting percentages, more voted for Labour & Lib Dem than Tory.

Soldato
Conservatives can't form a publicly or parliamentary acceptable coalition this time.

Tory + DUP coalition would result immense backlash and a longer term scar to Tory positions.

Tory + SNP is the only real option but the UK and Scottish public outcry would be considerable given the respective polarised positions on brexit and Scottish independence.

Soldato
Looks like there is less in it than last year's farce, 1.9% vote share difference between Tory and Labour.

First Past The Post is making May's result look rosier than it is.

Yes indeed, Labour's share of public vote and increase in real number confidence will be a huge boost for them and make it very difficult for the conservatives.

Caporegime
How does it work then?
Labour don't have the numbers to put together a coalition. Even with SNP + LibDems + Greens they don't have more than the Tories on their own.

So as the largest party the Tories get to form a minority govt. Only if they didn't want to could Labour try a minority govt, as I understand it.

Mobster
Soldato
Labour don't have the numbers to put together a coalition. Even with SNP + LibDems + Greens they don't have more than the Tories on their own.

So as the largest party the Tories get to form a minority govt. Only if they didn't want to could Labour try a minority govt, as I understand it.

But that's what I mean, if the Tories have their Queen's Speech downvoted, that means Labour can rule in a minority Government being the second largest party, right?

Caporegime
Looks like there is less in it than last year's farce, 1.9% vote share difference between Tory and Labour.

First Past The Post is making May's result look rosier than it is.
Don't forget they are going to change the constituency boundaries to make it even more weighted against Labour. Labour already need more votes per seat than the Tories; with the boundary changes and keeping FPTP, we can look forward to Tory rule forever! Yippie!

Associate
Not a good result for the UK, hung parliament, no party with the authority to negotiate Brexit talks, and if there is a coalition or minority government formed, 4-5 years of political stagnation.

TJM

TJM

Associate
After all the front pages yesterday about how amaze balls Theresa is and how awful jezza isim glad a lot of the electorate ignored the papers. They have a lot less clout then I thought
Yup. The arses at the Mail and Sun will be confused and/or angry that they couldn't swing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom