Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
I think you're right about austerity and the joke of Tory leadership, but not Brexit. The wheels only came off when campaigning began. Before that, the public were buying the May Brexit stance. Its only when she stepped out of the shadows and became utterly exposed on the campaign trail did things begin to dive south.

You think all of those ex Labour voters who were voting UKIP still don't have concerns about immigration? That concern will still be there.

They had no choice but buy it until she called an election.

Soldato
Thank the idiots who voted Labour, they'll now know what it's like not to have a strong and stable government. You just handed the EU a blank cheque to screw us over, even remainers are going to suffer because of this result, but then the left love shooting themselves in the foot. They really do hate their own country don't they?

Now you're getting a taste.

Soldato
Can't believe how many people got suckered in by Labours false promises.

Are people really that naieve?
UKIP -NHS/Immigration/get everything we want.
Cons- internet is cause of terrorism/can have better public services whilst spending less on it.
SNP - Freedom.

Yeah pretty much we all are.

Permabanned
One things for sure.... The media's grip on peoples minds is well and truly on its way out. Well done to the people who didn't listen to the sun or daily mail.... Even if you still voted for May.

Soldato

No, what happened is people weren't fooled by the Troy May rhetoric any more. Nor are they willing to put up with a party that has created Brexit, massive austerity and this mess in the first place.

Labour have run a positive campaign and we preferable to many than May.

Soldato
I think you're right about austerity and the joke of Tory leadership, but not Brexit. The wheels only came off when campaigning began. Before that, the public were buying the May Brexit stance. Its only when she stepped out of the shadows and became utterly exposed on the campaign trail did things begin to dive south.

You think all of those ex Labour voters who were voting UKIP still don't have concerns about immigration? That concern will still be there.

Specifically her hard brexit outcome approach I meant, but you're probably right. To add, Tories in unable to motivate the young vote shocker...

Caporegime

Alternatively maybe conservative policies were so off putting it was a far more sensible choice :)

Also may looked like me giving a gcse presentation when talking, hasn't a clue

Associate
Specifically her hard brexit outcome approach I meant, but you're probably right. To add, Tories is unable to motivate the young vote shocker...

I dunno, I get the impression that most people realise that free movement of people cannot be avoided by being in the single market. That implies a hard brexit doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom