2017 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R

Associate
Just watched that now. Don't personally agree with the results in a lost of ways. I didn't actually test the tuono as I ruled it out on price and couldn't get any decent deals on it. Also felt for me was a little too much on my wrists that I struggle with. Mate has one and says it's brilliant.

I tried the BMW and the Yamaha and the BMW was really good but just felt s little bland and sterile and I personally really didn't like the mt10. Engine was great but the it didn't feel that composed and I felt it was twitchy and unnerving. Not sure I'd put the Ktm as high as the tuono but I can't compare as didn't ride it but the Ktm for me was better than the BMW an Yamaha.

I guess it's subjective as they are lol ace really.

Man of Honour
I've ridden them all except the KTM and ended up getting a Tuono. I almost got the MT-10 as it is such a riot to ride.

I don't think they're far off the mark.

Edit: The fact that I'm considering an S1000R for my next bike shows they are all really close.

Last edited:
Associate
I've ridden them all except the KTM and ended up getting a Tuono. I almost got the MT-10 as is is such a riot to ride.

I don't think they're far off the mark.

Edit: The fact that I'm considering an S1000R for my next bike shows they are all really close.
I'm sure they are and it's the Beuaty of bikes in my opinions that we all like different things. Let's be honest not one them are really anything less than superb bikes

Soldato
OP
Austin Racing shorty on. Even with the cat still installed its loooooooouuudddd. I'm going to have to put the baffle in I think!

Sets off car alarms and scares pets and children. I've no idea how people endure full decat systems!

Looks the dogs compared to stock though.

IMG_20170610_161242.jpg

Associate
Got a full akrapovic system on my 2017 now with sas and charcoal delete. Got the akro map being done on Monday. Not ridden it yet as at the dyno garage this time fitted it all for me,

Associate
Test rode a Tuono Factory the other day. For me, this is the one. Much preferred it to the Duke.

Never test rode one myself but sat on it and found it a little too much on wrists for me. But I've got dodgy wrists. Awesome looking bike. Two friends have them and love them. I prefer the duke but it's horses for course and doesn't mean one is better than the other too me.

Man of Honour
Never test rode one myself but sat on it and found it a little too much on wrists for me. But I've got dodgy wrists. Awesome looking bike. Two friends have them and love them. I prefer the duke but it's horses for course and doesn't mean one is better than the other too me.

I never had any problems with comfort on mine, until I hit a tractor with it.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Austin Racing shorty on. Even with the cat still installed its loooooooouuudddd. I'm going to have to put the baffle in I think!

Sets off car alarms and scares pets and children. I've no idea how people endure full decat systems!

Looks the dogs compared to stock though.

IMG_20170610_161242.jpg
If I only had those carbon exhaust shields... :(

Back
Top Bottom