Delivery of parts signed for but never arrived!

Associate
Well my day just turned crappy. My £600 worth of water cooling parts were apparently delivered to my house today and signed for by "Hillier". My family was in but no one took delivery of any package etc, checked neighbours (who aren't the kind to nick anything plus wasn't marked as being delivered to a neighbour) and no signs of it either. Also checked anywhere they could try to hide it and no where to be found

Got told by DPD that basically it's my problem and to talk to overclockers to start an "investigation", guess that's my weekend plans ruined and likely a not going to get it sorted for a while knowing what delivery companies are like. Plus the motherboard/cpu mono block I ordered was the last one in stock!

Soldato
Doesn't the device that they make you sign with have a built in GPS?

If it does - it should show the time and area where the delivery was signed for.

You can track their drivers - so you would hope that they could pinpoint the area within a few meters of where they delivered the package.

Just a thought - maybe worth enquiring as if the GPS shows it wasn't signed for anywhere near you house they may help you more...

Caporegime
Doesn't the device that they make you sign with have a built in GPS?

If it does - it should show the time and area where the delivery was signed for.

You can track their drivers - so you would hope that they could pinpoint the area within a few meters of where they delivered the package.

Just a thought - maybe worth enquiring as if the GPS shows it wasn't signed for anywhere near you house they may help you more...

That's a fair shout.

Associate
OP
I asked but they said they can only give that information to the sender. Load of rubbish if you ask me, I paid for the delivery whether directly or not! Just have to wait until tomorrow and call overclockers to see if they can save me :/ Issue is some of the parts were the last in stock

Associate
OP
Yeah I've got it now, thank the pc gods, haha!

It was signed for by "Hillier" and no drop in card was there, they just went straight 4 doors down and delivered it there for some stupid reason. Someone was in all day etc, happy I got it but will be requesting a postage refund as that's not acceptable from dpd

Soldato
Why would your neighbour sign under your name?
My driver does this sometimes for speed - but he knows my neighbours now (but my neighbour signs with his name for my security).

But it's an odd thing to otherwise - suspect speed again is a factor...

Soldato
We live closer to the T-junction to the main road, stopping outside ours would be quicker! although only by like 5 seconds, just seems very dumb to not even say delivered to neighbour on the app etc
Agreed - it's a lottery with delivery guys...

Some are great, i'm lucky they really go out of their way to help me out if i'm not in, but it is a lottery.

Suspect my Xmas tip may be a factor for my DPD driver - but he does go above and beyond sometimes...

Soldato
Thing is they're usually great in my area, arrive within the time given and drop it off directly. Just seems this time they decided that my £600+ parcel should be delivered down the road for a laugh
Well at least you can breathe easy now - had the potential to be a real PITA.

Now you have a meticulous couple of days ahead of you putting your custom water together and testing.

Best of luck with it - hope you get zero leaks first test...

Soldato
Were the neighbours actually planning on giving you the parcel ?

I had some plumbing supplies stolen once for a phase cooling project I was doing, not really sure what they would have done with the neoprene foam, capillary tubing, a filter and copper fixtures though.

Associate
OP
Were the neighbours actually planning on giving you the parcel ?

I had some plumbing supplies stolen once for a phase cooling project I was doing, not really sure what they would have done with the neoprene foam, capillary tubing, a filter and copper fixtures though.

Yeah, they live a few doors down and we say hi everytime we see them etc, nice people and would never think of nicking it :) They had the parcel in their hall waiting for me, they likely thought dpd left a call card at my house but they hadn't!

Soldato
Most couriers are a mixed bag. It largely depends on your driver. Again, depots are a mixed bag, depends on the manager, situation and ethos. DPD are a stinking bunch of turds round my way. Their depots are like black holes that swallow up parcels. However, my local DPD driver is great. Really friendly, sensible and reliable. YODEL, Collect + sending anything by DPD however, terrible!

Associate
I had the exact same issue. Took about a week and i got my items re-sent to me and the driver was apparently fired for theft.

Back
Top Bottom