** Official Mayhems Development Log **

Associate
OP
Hi Mark

its very good we have been working on it for 1.5 year now, we sent samples out to various countries over 1+ year ago and accumulating data ect ect ready for its sale. Its being used in "Other" types of system's but cannot speak about it just yet due to NDA's but yup im happy.

Soldato
Hi Mark

its very good we have been working on it for 1.5 year now, we sent samples out to various countries over 1+ year ago and accumulating data ect ect ready for its sale. Its being used in "Other" types of system's but cannot speak about it just yet due to NDA's but yup im happy.

Most encouraging - now for payback time !!!
Good work. You and the team are at the forefront of w/cooling imho.

Mark

Associate
OP
This is a easy to follow chart for the users of our products.

5b5z88.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
New Release.

Mayhems XT-1 Nuke Colours in 100ml Concentrate form.

15845fn.jpg

RRP £3.50+ VAT

Mayhems XT-1 Nuke

The new “Non Toxic” high end Ethylene Glycol coolant containing a patented DeTox™.

100ml of Mayhems XT-1 Nuke will make 1000ml of coolant (1/10 mix ratio).

• 7 Year Shelf Life
• 5 Year System Life
• Non Toxic Ethylene Glycol (Patented Mix)
• Pet and Human Safe
• Stable long lasting Dyes made in house
• UV Active
• Aluminium Leach Free Bottles
• Duel Seal Bottles
• Biocide + (new formula for extreme cooling)
• Corrosion + Protection
• Protects all metals used in current cooling systems

Mayhems XT-1 Nuke is a new formulation of Non Toxic Ethylene Glycol that can be used in pressurised environments up to 390°C and down to –50 °C / -58 °F. The formulation will last over twice as long as our existing XT1 and has much more resilient biocides and inhibitors. This makes it more suitable to small form factor PC’s, all in one cooling solutions and high heat load systems utilising multiple graphic card array setups.

Mayhems XT-1 Nuke is perfect for use in Co2 lasers, chillers and solar environmental systems due to its improved heat transfer characteristics including lower dynamic viscosity and higher thermal conductivity.

Mayhems XT-1 Nuke contains a new form of synergistic corrosion inhibitors to protect metals commonly found in systems e.g. aluminium, copper, brass, steel, plated water cooling blocks. Mayhems XT-1 Nuke has been independently tested and found to meet BS6580 and ASTM D1384 corrosion standards.

Mixing ratios

Frost Protection °C / °F - *% in the system

- 05°C / 23°F - 10%*
- 10°C / 14°F - 22%
- 15°C / 05°F - 28%
- 20°C / -4°F - 33%
- 25°C / -13°F - 38%
- 30°C / -22°F - 42%
- 35°C / -31°F - 46%
- 40°C / -40°F - 54%
- 45°C / -49°F - 57%
- 50°C / -58°F - 60%

* This is the bare minimum mix ratio for Mayhems XT-1 Nuke to work effectively.

Mayhems Coolants Tubing Compatibility Chart.
2wpnu2w.png

Soldato
Just a quick thank you to Mayhems (esp Michael) for sending me out a care package which I have received today. Excellent customer support from Mayhems which wont be forgotten. :)

Associate
Any idea why the listing for Mayhems Biocide Extreme on both OcUK and your own site doesn't warn against using it with PETG? I had to come in here to find that out and my PETG loop is currently running with Ultra Pure H2O and Biocide Extreme.

Whats the issues with it?

Also, £35.99 for shipping from UK to ROI ? Surely cant be right.

Associate
OP
@Dempsey22 We've been testing tubing over the years and since we don't sell PETG, we didn't start testing it till Last year.

Testing takes time and we had to wait and see what happen'd. Over the long term we saw that PETG shrunk and micro fractured this was a cause for concern and hence the warnings are now in place to let the users know what we recommend. Biocide also had similar issues.

If you check out the new products we are releasing and working on all information is in place so you the user can make an informed decision on what tubing you would like to use with what product. As said Mayhems does not sell nor do we make PETG tubing, its the responsibility of the manufacturing companies to issue there own warnings and guide lines like we have done.

Associate
@Dempsey22 We've been testing tubing over the years and since we don't sell PETG, we didn't start testing it till Last year.

Testing takes time and we had to wait and see what happen'd. Over the long term we saw that PETG shrunk and micro fractured this was a cause for concern and hence the warnings are now in place to let the users know what we recommend. Biocide also had similar issues.

If you check out the new products we are releasing and working on all information is in place so you the user can make an informed decision on what tubing you would like to use with what product. As said Mayhems does not sell nor do we make PETG tubing, its the responsibility of the manufacturing companies to issue there own warnings and guide lines like we have done.

Ok thanks for the reply, Ill drain the system soon as I'm going UV , but postage is 35.99 to Ireland for the UV mix. Is this correct?

Associate
OP
Oky looked into this for you on the site end, You'll not like the answer because i do not either. Fed EX has bought out TNT and what they are trying do is ramp up prices for the EU (well they have ramped up the prices). They are wanting customers to move over to to Fed Ex and by doing this it is hurting our EU export prices. Were going to look into using another courier how ever many do not allow liquids to be sent making it very difficult for us to conform with there T&C's. It will take a few weeks to sort how ever thank you for letting pointing this issue out and it is some thing i we will work on.

Associate
What container can I store any excess XT-1 Nuke in when it's been mixed? I assume I can't put it in the standard plastic bottles that your X1 comes in? If I look up aluminium containers, they seem to all have plastic lids. Actually, your product comes in aluminium containers with plastic lids.

My other question is: does XT-1 Nuke have any effect on rubber o-rings such as causing them to expand or making them brittle?

The loop I want to use it in is a standard non-chilled custom loop with nickel blocks, copper rad, AquaComputer Eheim pump and Mayhems flexible tubing. Is XT-1 Nuke suitable for this application? I just want a long lasting anti-corrosion effect and not have to worry about flushing out for several years.

This is the pump I'm using: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aqua-computer-aquastream-xt-usb-12v-pump-ultra-version-wc-103-aq.html

Last edited:
Associate
OP
1) any plastic bottle will do.
2) yes it is fine using it in that system. 10% mix ratio for it to last a long long time :) so 100mls of coolant to 900mls of water
3) good pump, Aqua computer make of the best products on the market.
4) it will not effect your o-rings is has a inbuilt anti-shrinkage lubricant to stop this from happening.

Sorry for late replay been very bissy

Associate
@Mayhems

Can X1 UV Green be topped up with Ultra Pure H2O. I had a small leak when testing and have no UV green left but do have loads of Ultra Pure H2O. The res being low doesn't look well so just wanting to top it up that's all.

Associate
OP
It will effect the coolant but yes it can as long as its no more than 100ml.

Updated tubing testing - proof is in the eating not all PETG is equal

tubingupdated.jpg

Associate
OP
Just part 2 should do the job, if you after getting into all the crevasse then you'll need to strip. Use warm water and it will aid in cleaning. When i say warm you looking at no more than 30c.

Back
Top Bottom