If Jurassic Park were an MMO, it'd look like Ark: Survival Evolved (PC/Xbox One/PS4)

Soldato
Sony won't refund me. Pretty annoyed at that considering it's early access.

Never buying from the PSN store again, anything whatsoever.

As for the game....

Uninstalled the game myself.

Finally ...FINALLY built a nice house and a tribe of lower levels kept attacking it. Double walled, stone.... Spikes around. It was awesome. I will leave all you guys to it, enjoy lol

Soldato
Damn the game's got a nice makeover on the PS4 Pro. Originally it was blurry and horrible, now it's sharp and so much nicer. Apparently the detailed button wasn't working, which makes sense as i saw no difference with it on and off before but now it's like night and day.

Before patch: Blurry and low quality.

JN57S64h.jpg

After patch: No blur and much better quality.

vJ2ADxEh.jpg

These scaled down pictures really don't do it justice.

Larger pics to see the difference;

Before - http://i.imgur.com/JN57S64.jpg

After - http://i.imgur.com/vJ2ADxE.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Sony won't refund me. Pretty annoyed at that considering it's early access.

Never buying from the PSN store again, anything whatsoever.

As for the game....

Uninstalled the game myself.

Finally ...FINALLY built a nice house and a tribe of lower levels kept attacking it. Double walled, stone.... Spikes around. It was awesome. I will leave all you guys to it, enjoy lol

Sounds like you should have gone PvE

Permabanned
Playing this at the moment and loving it. It's buggy as hell but that kind of adds to the madness of the game. There is a real sense of achievement to be had after you build a fire or your first hut. Playing with a friend is hilarious. Me and a mate were up till the wee hours of the morning playing this and we built a nice little base in the hills behind the beach. We thought we were safe to leave the game over night but one accidental stumble into a huge predator dinosaur later and our house came tumbling down in 30 seconds. :D

What's the difference between the standard and hard core servers??

Soldato
I'm enjoying this, but I think I'm about to leave my tribe. A mate talked me in to buying the game, joining his tribe. His brother is a nob. Kills me. Tranquilizes me and locks me in a cage. Steals my stuff. The guy ain't quite right IRL, and it's just totally sapping the fun out of the game. He's literally there like 20 hours a day because he doesn't have a job (disability benefit) and barely sleeps.

I can't decide whether to go solo, join a competitor, or start again on a new server. Also, whether or not I leave quietly.

Soldato
I'm enjoying this, but I think I'm about to leave my tribe. A mate talked me in to buying the game, joining his tribe. His brother is a nob. Kills me. Tranquilizes me and locks me in a cage. Steals my stuff. The guy ain't quite right IRL, and it's just totally sapping the fun out of the game. He's literally there like 20 hours a day because he doesn't have a job (disability benefit) and barely sleeps.

I can't decide whether to go solo, join a competitor, or start again on a new server. Also, whether or not I leave quietly.

Go to a different server and start afresh.

After you spear n teabag your mate's brother.

Associate
Don't have kids that age, but I imagine you'd both enjoy it. Plenty of content. You could even play on your own non dedicated server. Lots to do/craft/explore/Tame/breed. There is also Primitive Plus available, same game but with limited tech.

Caporegime
Arise ye olde thread! I bought this on sale (£16 on PSN) and I'm loving it. A few of us have been playing for ages alresdy so know the gsme well, but I'm still very much in the learning phase. We have a server on PS4 too. Haven't tamed anything yet but killed a few dinos, can't wait to get stuck in again.

Back
Top Bottom