Formula Boinc 2017

Xez

Xez

Associate
Doesn't seem to be giving me many CPU tasks! I've added a GPU into my Microserver now to provide some additional power. I've only just kicked off the projects so hopefully my two computers can add something to the mix!

Edit - I have plenty of tasks now! New CPU cooler fitted bit of a difference...
y4mKMcKPhQL9z0M1-fHmrZOh14z2xvRK_l8T4CEF3t02IGvDL9RTQW6QYtyJh_ArzKZEIUo2IFzNslJhSy9NSStKLaN_PM6IhlCmY-YCqOXWi1UWvH6diqKX6F6dTeHlQVPtniu4KdJoB-n59XQRKSAR6shmES-97KJyR6vywivBGS8lubOvSmS6J9cX1JFlnie3VrFkXUnxZUY_fXbLOOrww

Last edited:
Associate
Hi lads sorry I've not been replying have had a tough few weeks after finding out my twin brother has cancer and its quite advanced. Hoping with treatment he can get a few years but his prognosis isn't great.
I'll be focusing some time in the future to cancer related crunching just because I feel I need to.

PDW

PDW

Associate
We seem to be slipping down the rankings on this sprint :(
We are about to sink a little lower as the sailor buoys pass us on a crest of a wave.
Our 1 day bunker took us up but most of the other teams had been running at a much higher rate than us.
Still have a high pending rate at 50% of those validated, I'll be getting credit weeks after this sprint has finished, deadline is in August so no rush !

PDW

PDW

Associate
Hi lads sorry I've not been replying have had a tough few weeks after finding out my twin brother has cancer and its quite advanced. Hoping with treatment he can get a few years but his prognosis isn't great.
I'll be focusing some time in the future to cancer related crunching just because I feel I need to.
Sorry to hear the bad news about your twin Colin, must be awful for you all.
You haven't said what cancer but I do hope you are getting checked out too.

Xez

Xez

Associate
If he needs someone to talk to let me know as i have terminal advanced stage 4 bowel cancer that has spread so i may be able to help with what to expect whilst on chemotherapy if thats the route done. All the best.

Associate
If he needs someone to talk to let me know as i have terminal advanced stage 4 bowel cancer that has spread so i may be able to help with what to expect whilst on chemotherapy if thats the route done. All the best.

He is Stage 4 bowel cancer also, he only found out two weeks ago ! Spread to lymphs in his stomach and today we think now the bone marrow. He starts treatment tomorrow Xez. Family are all still in shock

Xez I've sent you a trust message.

Last edited:

Xez

Xez

Associate
Replied Colin :) he will be on Folfox6 treatment then I assume which is what I'm on, mine has spread to lymph nodes and liver.

We didn't do too bad in the end with the sprint, US Navy nearly caught us but then we started pulling ahead and maintained 5th. Team AnandTech must have a lot of GPU's to play with!

Last edited:
Soldato

not sure how the hell its managed to get temps like this in this heat, yes it has noctua heatsinks with 80cm fans, some server fans blowing across the board, but its toasty in my shed. thanks to Ba I get my temps up in Linux for the watercooled 64 coreaswell, that is running hotter than this air cooled system! time for some server fans on the rads me thinks :D

Associate
Dont forget your not gona get it any cooler then ambient even if you had a Concorde engine blasting air over the rad lol, thats why i hang my rad outside where it gets lower temps(hopefully) blowing over them and the hot air goes outside . Might be cooler with an air con unit in the shed.

PDW

PDW

Associate
I didn't bother trying to switch over last night as it was too hot.
Glad I didn't waste my time trying, they are having problems getting work sent out to people.
Short on time at the moment, will try later when hopefully they have fixed the problems !

PDW

PDW

Associate
We started about 4th and quickly went to our usual 3rd place :)

What ever was wrong during the pentathlon has been fixed and I can now get Atlas tasks to run and validate but apart from the few Sixtrack tasks I managed to get yesterday I hadn't received anymore until about an hour ago. Still have one linux box that claims there are no Sixtrack tasks to download, it won't run Atlas because it doesn't see that VirtualBox is installed :confused: Meant to re-install/update everything after the pentathlon but never got round to it.

Another has had some Atlas tasks report Hypervisor problems and go into standby, but others work fine, not sure if the miner running on that GPU is causing bandwidth issues. If I keep getting problems I'll move the GPU over to Boinc to see if that cures it.

Back
Top Bottom