Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO)

Soldato
Anyone else finding that's there's an increasing amount of new accounts, sub 100hrs, or more and more private profile / account not setup folk entering games and instantly sitting on top of the teams during casual matches?

Soldato
Theres a rumour of a game engine but I think its very gradual change not 'new game' as such. New Dust2 appearing is as big as it'll get

I like they are trying out new game modes, maybe it works maybe its a mess but in a few months the slate is wiped anyway so its literally just some fun. The game is always best played in groups I think, 3 or more out of a team of 5 would be ideal. SEM is within range of my nova 3, how many get into a lobby and if its a good game is always a bit random but I still think CS is worth it.
Play Faceit might be one idea for those fed up, they have free anti cheat client now ?

Anyone else finding that's there's an increasing amount of new accounts, sub 100hrs, or more and more private profile / account not setup folk entering games and instantly sitting on top of the teams during casual matches?

New accounts need to be matched up with other new accounts I think. Give some worth back to old dedicated players. They have gone in this direction some with prime but they need to disadvantage disposable accounts even more.

They recently altered the server side anti cheat

Add Your Steam

Last edited:
Soldato
New accounts need to be matched up with other new accounts I think. Give some worth back to old dedicated players. They have gone in this direction some with prime but they need to disadvantage disposable accounts even more.

They recently altered the server side anti cheat

Add Your Steam

Thats what I'm not understanding. Granted I normally just play casual as I don't have a headset so although I've done a few competitive matches I've not really stuck with it cos its obviously quicker to say something than stop and type. But I've got just under 1800hrs clocked on CS GO so should i really be getting matched with low hour accounts as well?

Associate
Thats what I'm not understanding. Granted I normally just play casual as I don't have a headset so although I've done a few competitive matches I've not really stuck with it cos its obviously quicker to say something than stop and type. But I've got just under 1800hrs clocked on CS GO so should i really be getting matched with low hour accounts as well?

1800hrs is a lot!

Thug
Soldato
Havent really played in a few months so have been started again at GN2. Gonna be some slog....

The amount of cheaters/Russians however is probably going to have me quit long before then. Haha

Soldato
I like that one, a certain combo of that skin has extreme value might be the ST. Make sure you get it properly valued like antique roadshow :p

I will assist with Hydra, so long as its not a super serious game going down send invite

I never thought they should have swapped out Fifflaren, disrupted their vibe and it was always a team dynamic not a 1 person fix. Even Navi bringing in s1mple has put them below Zeus's new team, nobody would have predicted that
Friberg should goto a USA team and get paid to see California or somewhere nice :)

Caporegime
Just got back into this after a 10+ year hiatus from Source days.

Only just managed to rank up enough to play competitive games. I now need to play 10 competitive games to then become ranked. Probably be a week or two before I get ranked. Would say I'm middle in terms of skill level at the moment. A lot has changed since source. What is up with the deagle? can't hit a barn door with it. Seems so inaccurate. M4's seem the same. I'm having most luck with the Aug and 553 (the rifles you can zoom in with).

Soldato
Just got back into this after a 10+ year hiatus from Source days.

Only just managed to rank up enough to play competitive games. I now need to play 10 competitive games to then become ranked. Probably be a week or two before I get ranked. Would say I'm middle in terms of skill level at the moment. A lot has changed since source. What is up with the deagle? can't hit a barn door with it. Seems so inaccurate. M4's seem the same. I'm having most luck with the Aug and 553 (the rifles you can zoom in with).
Not just play 10 competitive games, but win them. And there's a cool-down period after each/every couple of wins during your qualifying run, so it does take time.

Soldato
Don't buy Hydra - it's awful. Wow - Wingman mode is so BAD. Literally not one good game, in about ten matches. Zero fun. Keep getting "Wingmen" that get 0-4 kills in 16 rounds. Must be connecting me to russia too everytime, for added lag anti-fun. 60-100 ping again!< It's like being back in the '90s! This feels like the death throws of csgo. Switched to Titanfall 2and the instant fun-hit was so sweet.

War games was poor, and usually horribly unbalanced but this is even worse. You can win a few rounds 1v2 but mostly this is definitely not fun. I gave it a few weeks but no fun, game over. F!

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Finally got this, as already had source and cond zero worked out was only a fiver as part of the bundle.

Had a very quick go tonight and was fun, similar to the above I've not played for 10 years (I originally started playing CS in '99 lol) so just working things out still.

What's the deal with servers, just let the game pick them or is there certain ones that are decent?

Thug
Soldato
Annnd I'm out of the game again haha.

Don't know why I try! Valve are obviously trying to rinse this game if cash before dumping..... Or are seriously incompetent.

Caporegime
Finally got this, as already had source and cond zero worked out was only a fiver as part of the bundle.

Had a very quick go tonight and was fun, similar to the above I've not played for 10 years (I originally started playing CS in '99 lol) so just working things out still.

What's the deal with servers, just let the game pick them or is there certain ones that are decent?

I think the game picks them if you are using matchmaking. You can probably connect to a specific server through the console but rewards and XP probably don't count if you do I imagine, would only be for custom games or private matches. I've just been using the built in matchmaking.

I've been mainly playing casual. Hard to play competitive after such a long hiatus. Recoil patterns seem to be a lot harsher. I don't bother with the deagle any more after the first shot it's like RNG unless you really do time the recoil well.

Stick to 3-4 weapons that you like and try and master them. I've been ignoring SMG's and snipers for the most part but the AWP does seem to be the weapon you ideally want to master as it's the easiest way to kill someone.

Soldato
Chuck me an add on Steam - we play the occasional 5v5 (when we can get enough people together) and most are around the AK/GN4-ish level or thereabouts. It's all casual and for fun so nobody takes it too seriously :)

Steam id is slashbored

Back
Top Bottom