Brake Discs/Pads - Makes & Prices

Soldato
Same here. TPS is exact same price as dealers. And a PITA to get hold of. They just NEVER answer their phone. I just go to my local Skoda dealer with the part numbers for any VAG part I need, they are at least as quick, same price, and easier to work with than my local TPS.

Got hold of them easy enough but didn't have anything in stock. Walked into the Dealer and the parts guy picked everything up off the shelf and even checked with one of their techs as I wanted to see if the discs were supplied installation ready (like Pagid) or needed cleaning at install. Have needed other parts since for other jobs and have just gone to the Dealer after that.

Soldato
Just found out my step sisters man is service manager at a local Arnold Clark franchise. So I would never use them for any servicing work, but he may be able to get me a discount on parts. Aint used him yet though, so dunno for sure.

Soldato
I'm after a set of front discs. I'm ignoring EBC discs/pads because of the stories I've heard/read. Are they still that bad though?

I'm after some decent stopping power but nothing track spec. I've seen some brembo max discs and pads. Are these sufficient? Or a good set of blank discs with ds2500 pads?

Man of Honour
I'm after a set of front discs. I'm ignoring EBC discs/pads because of the stories I've heard/read. Are they still that bad though?

I'm after some decent stopping power but nothing track spec. I've seen some brembo max discs and pads. Are these sufficient? Or a good set of blank discs with ds2500 pads?

Padgid blank discs are more than sufficient, Mintex M1144 get a lot of praise. Can't say I've had any issues with EBC pads but I'll be trying the Mintex next time around

Soldato
Padgid blank discs are more than sufficient, Mintex M1144 get a lot of praise. Can't say I've had any issues with EBC pads but I'll be trying the Mintex next time around

I want some grooved discs. I much prefer those to blanks or drilled. Not sure what to go for and I can't seem to find the mintex in my disc size 312x25.

I may just opt for the ebc slotted discs as they seem to get decent reviews. The pads on the other hand are questionable.

EDIT: opted for brembo max's and ds2500 pads.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom