***Official Squad Thread***

Soldato
OP
To get the most out of it you really do need to use a mic. It is playable without one of course but it's 10x better with one. As hardkore said, you are most effective with a mic. Without one it's hard to type quickly when you see an enemy aiming at your squad!

Associate
I've had squad since kickstarter, with the last few updates I've found myself playing a lot more frequently and its very very enjoyable. Choppers should add another layer of gameplay!
I haven't had a game that's given me this "immersive" feeling since BF2.

Soldato
To get the most out of it you really do need to use a mic. It is playable without one of course but it's 10x better with one. As hardkore said, you are most effective with a mic. Without one it's hard to type quickly when you see an enemy aiming at your squad!

Ahh that's fair enough. I thought there might be something similar to Arma where there is an auto call out when an enemy is spotted and/or radio messages. I could still play but would have to just play when I can use my mic :D

Soldato
Just adding my two cents, but using a mic isn't essential to have fun.

It can be enjoyable without, you're just not 100% effective as a help to the rest of your Squad.

Saying that when playing without a mic just make sure you're responding to your Squad leaders commands without question - he tells you to jump, you don't ask how high, you just jump to the moon soldier!

Soldato
Ahh that's fair enough. I thought there might be something similar to Arma where there is an auto call out when an enemy is spotted and/or radio messages. I could still play but would have to just play when I can use my mic :D
Yeh i play a lot late at night, so cant use mic, but when i join a squad, i just say to leader i dont have mic, but will listen and take orders, thats always fine.

Associate
Me and my gaming buddy are banging our heads against a brick wall with Squad lately, as calamity rounds are a plenty lately. Which servers are best for serious gameplay during the UK evening times up to about midnight? We used to manage a good round on Desmos, but the last time we went there, it was like the free weekend all over again.

Also, can anyone help with a solution to not seeing all the servers available? It keeps happening where my buddy sees a server, but it's not in my list. QFF for example; last night he could see it, but I couldn't. I tried: updating the list, un-checking and checking all the options, sorting by map name and player count. This has been a problem for me since I bought the game during the free weekend.

Thanks.

Soldato
Me and my gaming buddy are banging our heads against a brick wall with Squad lately, as calamity rounds are a plenty lately. Which servers are best for serious gameplay during the UK evening times up to about midnight? We used to manage a good round on Desmos, but the last time we went there, it was like the free weekend all over again.

Also, can anyone help with a solution to not seeing all the servers available? It keeps happening where my buddy sees a server, but it's not in my list. QFF for example; last night he could see it, but I couldn't. I tried: updating the list, un-checking and checking all the options, sorting by map name and player count. This has been a problem for me since I bought the game during the free weekend.

Thanks.

Checkout this post:
Competitive severs?
https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/66c6a8/competitive_severs/

Also in other news FFO won the ISKT final :D Can't wait to get my t shirt and dog tag!!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

Thanks.

Lately Desmo's server has been overrun with some streamers which has attracted all their fans who...aren't that great. I'm guessing that's why it's brought on the free weekend effect. I normally play on the Mumblerines, Exodus or RIP servers.

As for the lack of server showing have you tried lowering your Max pings / minute in Steam settings? This normally fixes issues with the server browser.

Also in other news FFO won the ISKT final :D Can't wait to get my t shirt and dog tag!!!!

Congrats mate. The dog tags are pretty cool!

Soldato
Wow! I had to buy it at 50% off, just been playing and it's awesome. (Did use a mic and I can see why it's important as it is) Genuinely blown away by how much I enjoyed that :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Bought this in the sale, still downloading. Will hopefully be on this evening. Is there a group from here with a discord/TS channel set up? Not sure if any of the old TFU squad is still around.

Soldato
OP
Your best bet is to jump on some of the EU servers and get to know people on there. Mumblerines, Exodus, RIP are all great servers. Jump in one, join a squad and tell them you're new :)

Soldato
Just played 4 rounds on QFF, some great teamwork on there, we lost every game but it was really good fun still. Tried out medic and sniper, had a great time defending a building from an entire squad and a BTR while I was cut off on my own, think I must have killed 5 of them before being rushed and taken out.

Back
Top Bottom