Tower block fire - london

Soldato
Having lived in a similar building and attempting to imagine where I'd be at after this had happened possibly taking the lives of my closest family, I can't even begin to imagine where I'd be at. The above response is actually the sad state of affairs.

Hey stewski, it's clear you carry personal vendettas against people on the internet over discussions you had with them last year and whilst THAT really is a sad state of affairs I don't care what you think, I'm not looking for arguments with individuals I don't know. It isn't really the time or place. Time to pull your head out. Cheerio.

Soldato
Why its clear the cladding in this case is the cause for this fire, no doubt. While the type of cladding used was a huge factor on the fast spread, fire breaks would have slowed it down(thats there purpose if they cant stop the blaze). The speed that it went up showed that there were either none or little and you got the chimney effect shown on the second picture.

Considering the post I questioned you on, it is useful you have now added this clarification of opinion.

Now perhaps the people who were defending the cladding concept from the point of view on heating efficiency could answer any relevant questions on that such as:

Can you house 150 people in a more heat efficient manner?
In what time scale is the energy impact if cladding outweighed by heating savings?
If this issue has been identified what has happened to building regulations since then?

No doubt the current government can yet again come out and say "enough is enough" etc etc, Ignoring that they have been government for the last 7 years.

Soldato
Well in America kinder eggs are banned for being unsafe.... whats your point?

I'm not debating that the cladding panels used were poor, but that the system of installation was also a huge factor

Have kinder eggs recently contributed to the deaths of a large number of people?

Soldato
Hey stewski, it's clear you carry personal vendettas against people on the internet over discussions you had with them last year and whilst THAT really is a sad state of affairs I don't care what you think, I'm not looking for arguments with individuals I don't know. It isn't really the time or place. Time to pull your head out. Cheerio.

Posters who drive by a load of tosh about what they'd do in this situation are better off the thread so bye.

Caporegime
I notice the residents complaints of flammable materials being in hallways has disappeared in favour of cladding now as causes for the spread

Associate
Considering the post I questioned you on, it is useful you have now added this clarification of opinion.

Now perhaps the people who were defending the cladding concept from the point of view on heating efficiency could answer any relevant questions on that such as:

Can you house 150 people in a more heat efficient manner?
In what time scale is the energy impact if cladding outweighed by heating savings?
If this issue has been identified what has happened to building regulations since then?

No doubt the current government can yet again come out and say "enough is enough" etc etc, Ignoring that they have been government for the last 7 years.

No idea I'm not a energy saving expert nor would I like to make a comment outwith what I know.

Cladding is a effective way as has been shown with the thousands of buildings that have it, if installed correctly with the right safety measures in place. Without knowing the design of the built I cant say if there would have been other competitive methods.

As I said the chimney effect doesn't happen in cladding systems made to spec, look it up, do your on research don't believe me or anothers word on the internet.

The cladding was never done with "energy efficiency" in mind, it was to appease the higher class londoners that wanted them to look nicer.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
and here we go, rent a mob out in force. the below care of the bbc.

45e22ec0-90e8-47af-af08-c2cd599ecdbf.jpg

A large crowd is marching through Parliament Square chanting "justice for Grenfell".
Some are also chanting anti-Theresa May slogans and carrying home made banners saying "a crime against the poor".
The marchers are now making their way down Whitehall past Downing Street.

lets see how long before the antifa and other black clad idiots show up and smash a few windows.

Soldato
It's all kicking off in town hall

Makes me laugh those who go to protest wearing masks and banaclavas.

The ones acting like animals will ruin it for the vast majority that understandably want answers. People will soon lose all sympathy over the incident if they start smashing up the place like the previous riots.

V F

V F

Soldato
Impressed with the Queen today, and I am a long way from being a royalist.
Put May and Leadsom to shame.

That was quite chilling hearing the sounds when the Queen was there. I felt as uncomfortable as the Queen when she heard the grief.

Soldato
No idea I'm not a energy saving expert nor would I like to make a comment outwith what I know.

Cladding is a effective way as has been shown with the thousands of buildings that have it, if installed correctly with the right safety measures in place. Without knowing the design of the built I cant say if there would have been other competitive methods.

As I said the chimney effect doesn't happen in cladding systems made to spec, look it up, do your on research don't believe me or anothers word on the internet.

The cladding was never done with "energy efficiency" in mind, it was to appease the higher class londoners that wanted them to look nicer.

I agree, in all probability that last point you make is key.
I'd say, if it was public money it was wasted on vanity and dangerous to the tenants (now obviously so).

Back
Top Bottom