• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Ti Owners Thread

Ste

Ste

Soldato
I noticed similar on my non-OC but have had no issues getting to around 2000 on the core with a +100 offset.

What have you managed on the memory?

Associate
I've set my core to 152 which gets me 2012 (sits at 2000 avg) and I'd have to double check when I get home but I think my mem is +200 (crashes around 300, 350 iirc)

Kinda weird the way the core jumps up when overclocking, if I set my core to +151 it goes down to 1987 +152 it sits at 2000 and I have to go +160+ before it moves again from 2000.

It wont move in intervals of 1 mhz I guess (Though I remember overclocking my 780 and it did)

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Sounds exactly like mine. As though there is something else limiting the boost other than thermals or power. I have not messed with voltage yet mind.

Still ~2000 on a Ti is good stuff particularly in near silence. I am really pleased with mine :)

How hot does your backplate get? Mine is too hot to touch. Was thinking about trying to increase airflow over it but GPU temps are excellent so not sure it's an issue - gamers nexus say VRMs are good to 125c !

Man of Honour
OP
I've set my core to 152 which gets me 2012 (sits at 2000 avg) and I'd have to double check when I get home but I think my mem is +200 (crashes around 300, 350 iirc)

Kinda weird the way the core jumps up when overclocking, if I set my core to +151 it goes down to 1987 +152 it sits at 2000 and I have to go +160+ before it moves again from 2000.

It wont move in intervals of 1 mhz I guess (Though I remember overclocking my 780 and it did)

They move in intervals of 13 mhz.:)

Ste

Ste

Soldato
I don't have a Strix 1080 Ti but backplates can get very hot even on watercooled cards.

One of the functions of a good backplate is to draw heat off the card.

Cheers :)

How are the temperatures for peoples cards on this hot day today?

Amazingly good at load but I noticed the sun directly on my case earlier and the card was idling at 55c - just the point at which the fans come on. So they spent the day cycling on and off even though all I've done is played with memtest heh.

Soldato
With regards to others and the Strix can't say the OC model is any better as I briefly had an OC model but it would only do 1936-1950 with a maximum +60 OC.

I guess it's more of a bit of free cash for Asus and let the cards boost 3.0 go higher on the OC model.

Card itself did look lovely though especially the backplate. It was hard to send back but still do prefer my zotac in terms of temps, noise and perf.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Yeah I think it's the best card to keep under 300mm which is the max for a lot of cases (including mine with the front rad).

I would be going with the following personally

300mm limit - strix
2 slot limit - SC2/FTW3
No limit - amp extreme.

That said the best test for these cards is cooling performance at a given noise output. Gamers nexus did a great article where they set the fan speeds as fast as possible with a 40Db noise limit on each card. Then under load they compared the temps. The strix destroyed the MSI gaming X, FTW3 and gigabyte auros extreme by 5-8 degrees. They don't have the zotac but that would be interesting.

Soldato
Associate
Getting toasty, 77C today in a 29C room.

My Strix 1080ti peaked at 67 degrees (playing GTA) yesterday in this weather. I couldn't hear it above the ambient noise of outside. Taking the glass front off my already un-dustguarded 460x to bare my front fans (2 fans with a gap in the middle) has made a surprising difference.

Last edited:
Associate
Still waiting for my ti today. Dpd txt me saying between 15:44 and 16:44. It's 19:02 and still nothing. Customer services can't reach the driver, dpd website is down.

Company has turned into a bunch of cowboys on donkeys.

Soldato
My Strix 1080ti peaked at 67 degrees (playing GTA) yesterday in this weather. I couldn't hear it above the ambient noise of outside. Taking the glass front off my already un-dustguarded 460x to bare my front fans (2 fans with a gap in the middle) has made a surprising difference.
Is that with V-Sync off? If so that's really impressive.
I just hit 80C on my MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
My fan profile made it up to 55% yesterday which saw the GPU at 66.

The ASUS profile will keeping ramping can to try and maintain 65c. Not at any cost, but things have to get pretty extreme for things to rise into the 70s.

I remain extremely impressed. I suspect my rig will be completely silent during gaming with normal ambient temps :)

Back
Top Bottom