Finsbury Park Van Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Following on from the earlier thread regarding the horrible attack on a group of Muslim worshippers in Finsbury Park:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40322960

Please be aware that the last thread was removed due to the large amount of unacceptable posts. Before replying to this thread please aware yourself of the forum rules and expected posting behaviours (both accessible from the GD home page).

We will be taking a zero tolerance approach to any posts contravening these rules.

Caporegime
Terrible terrorist attack.

Love and best wishes to all the families and people involved.

Terrible time for London at the minute, Grenfell, terrorist attacks... :(.

Caporegime
Closing and opening new threads on these topics just seems to incite even more hate fuelled posts or trolling

I don't see why if rules are in place those breaking them can't just be suspended right away, someone posts a sweary and it's a 48hr ban, whereas someone continuously trolling or baiting goes unscathed it seems.

Man of Honour
OP
Closing and opening new threads on these topics just seems to incite even more hate fuelled posts or trolling

I don't see why if rules are in place those breaking them can't just be suspended right away, someone posts a sweary and it's a 48hr ban, whereas someone continuously trolling or baiting goes unscathed it seems.

There's a limited amount of moderators available at any particular time. I personally don't have time to go through all of the posts and action them right now so this is the quickest way to get things into an acceptable state. Discussions are still ongoing regarding the previous thread - it hasn't been deleted, merely hidden from view.

That said, for further discussion about it please post in FCD.

Soldato
I believe one person died but i read another report saying he getting medical assistance before the terror attack.

Soldato
The one who died read in cardiac arrest
Before the car crash

Listening to the Iman who helped restrain the driver, on sky news just now the chap that died was being tended to after collapsing on the pavement. He was apparently sat on a chair when he was struck by the van :(

Soldato
I respect the fact that the mods don't have all day to devote to modding a single thread, but I do worry about the message that's sent by closing that thread, with regards to the leanings of the moderating team, and their attitudes towards more moderate members. Can't help but to feel it occured in the defence of the more wretched right wing commenters (who by rights should have simply been banned).

As per the last thread; this has been a horrifying right wing extremist terrorist attack, and I admire the restraint of the men that held the terrorist until the police arrived. We must do much more (something?!) to tackle the vile right wing narrative of the DM, BNP, UKIP and so on, in an effort to stem the radicalisation of young (and, sadly, older) white males. Shocking series of events :(.

Man of Honour
OP
I respect the fact that the mods don't have all day to devote to modding a single thread, but I do worry about the message that's sent by closing that thread, with regards to the leanings of the moderating team, and their attitudes towards more moderate members. Can't help but to feel it occured in the defence of the more wretched right wing commenters (who by rights should have simply been banned).

As per the last thread; this has been a horrifying right wing extremist terrorist attack, and I admire the restraint of the men that held the terrorist until the police arrived. We must do much more (something?!) to tackle the vile right wing narrative of the DM, BNP, UKIP and so on, in an effort to stem the radicalisation of young (and, sadly, older) white males. Shocking series of events :(.

I take your point but please, if you wish to discuss the moderating any further, post in FCD. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom