Finsbury Park Van Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
OP
I was going to post in FCD chap, but there's no open discussion of moderation. It's a closed discussion forum; which is a contradiction in terms..

(Unless I'm mistaking it).

It's a place for you to discuss your concerns with the mod team. This thread isn't for discussion of moderation decisions. There's not an open discussion of moderation forum currently. Again, if you have an issue with this, post in FCD.

Caporegime
They contribute dramatically to an overall normalisation of nationalism, racism, and fear. This is the base upon which white radicalisation (including the more hardcore radicalisation content online etc) takes root. If you don't see that when you pick up these papers, and the leaflets etc handed out by these parties, then you've got a forest for the trees situation going on.

you could say the same about Islam in general re: Islamist attacks. Like I said there is a wider argument that the DM isn't helpful here and you could make a similar one re: Islam too... you can also blame this attack on problems within 'islamophobia' and perhaps say that moderate 'islamophobes' (as you can't really say moderate 'white people' in this context when we're talking about an ideology) have a duty to report anyone who indicates they're going to commit a violent act

but the real influence in the case of Islamic attacks is Islamists(ISIS etc..) and the real influence (assuming this is a far right racist attack) is likely some equivalent online stuff

that isn't to say that the wider context should be ignored and that there isn't say a wider problem within Islam in the context of Islamic attacks or with right wing material/publications in the case of this one (again assuming it is a right wing guy not some mental zionist or some other explanation)

Soldato
Do you get paid based on how many times you use the word 'right'? :p

I'm talking about a right wing terrorist. What word would you rather I use?.

Not sure grouping DM, BNP and UKIP together will do you any favours. Either. At least I don't take you seriously.

They contribute dramatically to an overall normalisation of nationalism, racism, and fear. This is the base upon which white radicalisation (including the more hardcore radicalisation content online etc) takes root. If you don't see that when you pick up these papers, and the leaflets etc handed out by these parties, then you've got a forest for the trees situation going on.

Permabanned
Cressida Dyck (surname deliberately misspelt to pass the naughty word machine) giving another one of her appallingly vacuous and waffling speeches again, is this the best the Met could find to front their activities? Totally uninspiring woman, who should go for some lessons in public address...

Don
Its a shame that most people dont see that violence breeds violence... its a shame in modern society we can't see past ethnicity, religion or nationality... it makes me worry for our future...

Stelly

Caporegime
Its a shame that most people dont see that violence breeds violence... its a shame in modern society we can't see past ethnicity, religion or nationality... it makes me worry for our future...

Stelly

Ethnicty is fine, nationality is fine... Culture and Religion is a pain in the ****

Man of Honour
To be fair if a mob had caught any of the recent Islamic extremists attackers I think they would have given them a beating too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom