It's too hot :(

Man of Honour
I've had to order up a few 18” air circulators in order to better distribute the cooled air from the aircon unit! Home office is a sweat-box at 28.4 atm ☹

My office is currently 32 degrees and parked in the sun.

Debating buying a portable air con unit this evening as our house being a new build is unbearable in this heat

Man of Honour
Our cool air ventilation system (which just blows warm air from outside around the office) has failed so HR have bought us all free ice creams :)

Associate
Everybody always says that I'm a 'typical Brit' in this type of weather. Before I politely correct them by saying I like winter and I enjoy the cold. I wear shorts and t-shirt all year round, unless for work or a formal occasion. While I like how people get a bit happier and social when the sun's out, it doesn't half do my head in. Our workplaces and homes just aren't designed for 'hot' weather in this country (should have remembered that when I decided to go up into the loft yesterday! :eek:). Roll on December! :)

Man of Honour
I had my Dyson fan on 10 last night which is pretty noisy, wasn't too bad once I got used to it. My bedroom was like an oven. Again, new build, so just traps the heat.

My housemate is away in the week now so I'll probably open my bedroom door and open the loft, that helped a lot last year.

Caporegime
I had my Dyson fan on 10 last night which is pretty noisy, wasn't too bad once I got used to it. My bedroom was like an oven. Again, new build, so just traps the heat.

My housemate is away in the week now so I'll probably open my bedroom door and open the loft, that helped a lot last year.
Mine's a new build as well, tbh it's no better or worse for being hot than my old 1970 terraced house. You can't keep the air in your house below the air temperature outside for very long no matter how insulated it is.

What does annoy me slightly is that the light fitting in my bedroom is in totally the wrong place if I wanted to replace it with a ceiling fan.

Associate
cmon 30.9 c in living room now :( Bionaire floorstander fan on full blast, stuck in waiting for a bloody amazon parcel bet he comes at 9pm :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato

Surely the Insulation should be good it keeps the heat out also? Is it thermal brick or cavity construction? 12" of loft insulation also?

I have EWI done to my place and it keeps the heat in and heat out.

I'm glad I went into work early at 7 this morning and left early. It was getting very hot. Not that I really mind though. Get to go for a surf afterwards and cool off!

Man of Honour
Surely the Insulation should be good it keeps the heat out also? Is it thermal brick or cavity construction? 12" of loft insulation also?

I have EWI done to my place and it keeps the heat in and heat out.

I'm glad I went into work early at 7 this morning and left early. It was getting very hot. Not that I really mind though. Get to go for a surf afterwards and cool off!
I don't know, I do IT, not building/DUY stuff. :p

Soldato
We had air-con installed a week ago (just in time!) My office, 21.7 degrees C, the lab area just outside which used to be cooler than my office, 35.1 degrees C!!

I have two split aircon units I brought back from Spain (Ecron brand) which I keep meaning to get installed, but for the few days we get a year it always seems wrong installing such things.. I do use a 12000BTU two pipe aircon unit in the bedroom at night, that will get it comfortably down to 21 degrees if we need it, although we have a second 9000BTU single outlet unit for one of the kids rooms but that struggles to get a medium sized room down below 24 degrees C on a hot day..

Back
Top Bottom