Best way to keep PC Cool in this 30c HEATWAVE ?

Associate
Been in a slightly similar situation to you too. My system locked up on me last night, mid-PUBG; and I put it down to the heat. I ended up turning my OC down from 4.4 @ 1.275 to 4.2 @ 1.20, and it seemed to do the trick.
Strange thing is, none of my temps actually looked like there was any overheating happening. CPU was high 70s, can't remember GPU off the top of my head but it was fine at the time.

Perhaps take the side or front panel off and place a nice desktop fan to get some more airflow in? Or as I did, drop the OC a bit.

Soldato
My Macbook was slowing down big time in the heat a couple of days ago, I think it was throttling the CPU. Ended up unplugging my external monitor and the resolution drop gave it some breathing room.

So you could drop the res down from 4k, to something a tad easier to handle.

Soldato
And change thermal paste on CPU/GPU if it's been a few years, couple of degrees difference can help in summer (sometimes more if the paste has gone bad/dried). Did so recently and managed to keep my GPU overclock, otherwise I'd have had to revert to stock.

Soldato
Send some of that heat here. :p
Day's warmest 14C.
Heck, day's highest temperatures has been 5 to 10C below usual nearly continuously in last two months.

Soldato
Well just bang the fans up, normally my case fans are at 60% max so I knocked them to 100% and my GPU normally sits at around 60% fan speed too so that can go to 100% too if it gets too hot.

Associate
Use H20 and pour over the case, that will cool it down.
On serious note my one throttled over the few days a lot reaching 95 degrees under game load, ever got frozen screen once. Best advice is to ramp up the case fans, my ones running at 70% atm( all 7 of them)

Soldato
I think you need to look at your cooling and get cleaning/dusting. Last Monday when it was 30c outside.

Kraken X41 on CPU maxing at 55c/averaging 53c when playing Just Cause 3
1080 Seahawk AIO maxing at 68c averaging 58c
internal case temp 31c

Room temperature 28c

These temps knock 2c-3c off for normal temps when weather is cooler.

Not touched my case fans they are still around 800rpm to 1100rpm.

Back
Top Bottom