It's On! Floyd Mayweather - Conor McGregor **No discussions of illegal streams**

Soldato
The whole thing as it stands is so stupid because the rules are in favour of boxing only. For it to be a fair contest, McGregor should be allowed some MMA skills like his leg kicks and Mayweather should learn to do that in the same way that McGregor will be training to hone just his boxing. That way the skill level is more balanced. McGregor can kick great but box good, and Mayweather can box great and maybe kick quite good.

But then, Mayweather is only coming out of retirement to do this on his own terms.

Man of Honour
The whole thing as it stands is so stupid because the rules are in favour of boxing only. For it to be a fair contest, McGregor should be allowed some MMA skills like his leg kicks and Mayweather should learn to do that in the same way that McGregor will be training to hone just his boxing. That way the skill level is more balanced. McGregor can kick great but box good, and Mayweather can box great and maybe kick quite good.

you say that as if Conor's never done any boxing,
he was all Ireland youth champion at boxing and has thousands of sparring rounds behind him
whereas Floyds kickboxing background is "0"

Soldato
you say that as if Conor's never done any boxing,
he was all Ireland youth champion at boxing and has thousands of sparring rounds behind him
whereas Floyds kickboxing background is "0"
He won a competition at school level mate...failed as an amateur boxer. Connor is not a boxer...will never be a boxer and will be schooled against Mayweather.

Man of Honour
He won a competition at school level mate...failed as an amateur boxer. Connor is not a boxer...will never be a boxer and will be schooled against Mayweather.

yep ive got Floyd winning, but what i was getting at was that it would not be fair to allow Conor to leg kick against someone with 0 experience at it
it wouldnt level the playing field at all, Conor could just stand back and kick him for a couple of rounds untill Floyd couldnt walk

Associate
Everyone's speaking like McGregor hasn't been training with boxing coaches every single day for months! I still expect Mayweather to win but it'll be boring cos all he does is defend and throw very few punches.

Canelo, Pacquiao, Mosley etc spent their lives boxing and got nowhere near Floyd. I'm sure Conor will be ready after a couple months though.

Soldato
Have you seen that guys list of black belts? Hes got numerous Dan grades I think he's even an 8th dan in Karate. He's trained in about 6 different martial arts his whole life.
You forget that some of the UFC guys who are classed as professional fighters don't even hold black belts in things like bjj or kickboxing etc even though they have trained in it for years

Soldato
Shorter rounds and far less physical exertion in a boxing bout, tbf. Anyway it's fairly obvious why it's not an MMA fight. Mayweather holds all the cards, and rightfully so. He would die if it was MMA and nobody wants to see that, except maybe some of his exes. At least with it being boxing Conor has a chance, a very minute one of course.

Soldato
Pacquiao was injured and denied a injection

I would also say it was Mayweathers closest match and could have gone very differently a year or two back.

That said, Mcgregor knows he will lose as much as everyone else. He is just there for a Mayweather size payout and Mayweather wants an easy win cashout again. It is getting harder to create these big money match-ups for Mayweather while keeping his reputation safe.

Soldato
I can't believe this is actually happening! McGregor is an absolute cocky idiot who believes in his own hype if he actually thinks he can even land on Mayweather! He Is very overrated even as an MMA fighter! apart from a couple of fights his opponents have not been anything special and he even got beat by Nate Diaz who is a mid card fighter at best

All nonsense.

Caporegime
i dont see that happening,
i know Floyd likes to defend a lot but he has a lot of responsability on his shoulders from the Boxing world,
he's not gonna want to come out of this with people thinking that Conor 'an MMA fighter' could hang with him,
im positive Floyd is going to want to finish Conor and to do it quickly,
take the 25/1 bet on Floyed to win round 2, maybe cover round 3 also at 25/1,
but anything later than that would be bad for Floyd and bad for Boxing.....
imo
9lWPvAL.png

read my post above.

floyd in his last 14 fights 12 of them have went the distance and the 2 that didn't one of them went to round 10.

floyd is not a KO expert or an early finisher. mc gregor is way out of his depth though but he's used to getting punched practically bare knuckles in MMA. he won't go down in 2 or 3 if he does that will be a shock.

i expect this fight to go at least 6 rounds as mc gregor is used to preparing for 5 x 5 minute rounds in MMA. if it is going to be finished early then it will be after 6 rounds. if mayweather does do him in 2 rounds that will be a big shock, he lacks big power or he would have finished a lot more than 2 of his last 14 fights and mc gregor is used to being hit bare knuckles style with those MMA gloves, boxing gloves will take time to hurt him.

however if mc gregor is so used to fighting MMA he may just be unable to adapt to boxing in this short space of time. his positioning may be all wrong and he just gets beat on repeatedly until the towel is thrown in or stopped by the ref.

Soldato
I'm sure I read somewhere that McGregor said he's used to looking out for Knees and Feet and elbows and Submissions. With this fight all he has to look out for a punches. So his workload/rate is massively reduced.

God could you imagine his Ego should he win.

Back
Top Bottom