Best Sci Fi Movies.

Soldato
Looked through that list and spotted one that caught my eyes, had Scarlet Johansson in it back in 2013, thought how did I miss that, must have been pants.

Called "Under the skin" has a very much Stanley Kubrick cadence to it, very cold film. Best thing of all though, Ms Johansson in the buff, norks an all on display.

Soldato
Gattaca has been mentioned; but yes, it's a great film. It's a shame it made a measly $12m or so. Maybe not enough stupid nonsense going on for the average cinema goer who prefers the repetitive garbage we get year after year.

Pity Niccol's more recent 'In Time', wasn't executed anywhere near as well as Gattaca. Great premise, but falls short.
Soz must have missed that.

I've not followed niccols specifically but thought Lord of war very good.

For me large scale sci fi has been a disappointment for a long time, those bemoaning star wars and trek, watch I robot, independence days, bunch of bad Philip k conversions and Avatar then tell me that's better.

Obviously Disney / Abrams etc are something of an artistic void but even so, large scale sci fi has been dead for years!

Recently indie films and TV are virtually the only viable route genre IMHO!

Soldato
Looked through that list and spotted one that caught my eyes, had Scarlet Johansson in it back in 2013, thought how did I miss that, must have been pants.

Called "Under the skin" has a very much Stanley Kubrick cadence to it, very cold film. Best thing of all though, Ms Johansson in the buff, norks an all on display.
i have watched this low budget affair, it was different that's for sure:p

Associate
Just off the top of my head:

Arrival
Akira
Alien
Ghost in the shell (original)
Matrix (only the 1st one)
Moon (good but very slow)
Fifth Element
T2
District 9
Elysium

Caporegime
Is this worth a watch? Been interested in watching since the Stalker games and having done quite a bit of the real thing.

Thus far, I've not yet seen it all the way through but I've found it to be a fairly decent film. For some reason, though, I just don't quite see it being something which I'll come back to much. Worth taking a look, however.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom