Stolen/hacked ps4 account

Associate
My ps4 account has been hacked/stolen recently and after speaking to Sony unless I provide certain details, which have been changed, then they are unable to help me.

Now the thing is I have spent in the region of 3k over the last 18-24 months which I'm assuming is lost.

However a good friend has told me to initiate a charge back thru my bank as I used my debit card however I don't know how this works or what the chances of me recouping my money

Does anyone know how this works or offer any advice on what to do please

Soldato
Nothing is lost, you just need to explain to Sony that your account has been stolen. They will be able to set it back to your email address.

You can't use charge back on 24 months worth of transactions.

Associate
OP
no 2 step authentication and as for sony ive tried to explain but they aint listenig whatsoever.

chargebacks i dont know however i know ive bought 11 games on the last 6 weeks however that is irrelevant.

i can only assume whoever stole my account knows me as they clearly logged in and changed all my details hence why on sonys say so i have lost my account as they assume i am not the owner of the account despite various security checks.

i have accepted that i have lost the account hence why i asked if a visa chargeback was possible therefore after time rendering the account unusable for myself and anyone else

Soldato
I had problems with my account recently, my account was hijacked but I got it back after speaking to Sony on Twitter/phone.
They didn't give an impression of helping much though and even said if my account was compromised again, I'd have to wait 12 months to even try and get it back. It was terrible to hear.

I would urge you to try PlayStation support on Twitter for help, I found them ok and got my account back/primary console reassigned to mine.

Soldato
Just because the OP hasn't used 2 step doesn't mean Sony should not try and help him get his account back other than "computer says no"

OP only wants the account set back as it should be.

Agreed.
However it seems odd that Sony have thus far been unable to help at all. It doesn't take them long to retrieve an account snap-shot from before the last changes were made and then use those details to authenticate the owner and give him back control.
Maybe he's just had a bad CS representative.
If OP isn't already, get on the phone - only way to resolve these issues. Social media, email....just get on the phone.

V F

V F

Soldato
Just because the OP hasn't used 2 step doesn't mean Sony should not try and help him get his account back other than "computer says no"

OP only wants the account set back as it should be.

Regardless, with that amount of money spent two factor should have been enabled when Sony set it up for everyone to use. It has nearly been a year since they released it come August. It only takes the most, 5 minutes to set it up. Yet I'm still amazed how these stories keep happening.

Soldato
Regardless, with that amount of money spent two factor should have been enabled when Sony set it up for everyone to use. It has nearly been a year since they released it come August. It only takes the most, 5 minutes to set it up. Yet I'm still amazed how these stories keep happening.

Agreed, it should be a requirement not an option, its pretty much set and forget unless you always sign into the psn website.

Soldato
Agreed, it should be a requirement not an option, its pretty much set and forget unless you always sign into the psn website.

Well its more regardless of it being there the OP does not have it setup, Sony/Playstation should assist him regardless.

Associate
OP
Never said Sony shouldn't, just saying that 2 step should be a requirement as all these threads that pop up from time to time never have 2 step set up on there accounts.
tbh i never even knew about the 2 step verification on the ps4 however if its anything like on the xbox then its an absolute nightmare to use however i guess thats why i still have my x1 account.

however ms CS and live chat is a million times better than sony as well

Soldato
tbh i never even knew about the 2 step verification on the ps4 however if its anything like on the xbox then its an absolute nightmare to use however i guess thats why i still have my x1 account.

however ms CS and live chat is a million times better than sony as well

Its pretty much set and forget on both systems, only time you need to use the extra step is when signing into Sony/MS website stores.

Have you managed to recover your account yet?

Soldato
Surely if you can provide a history of transactions to Sony from your credit card statements that would prove ownership of the account?

Would have thought this would be enough too.

OP, have you asked what details they require to prove ownership? If they're asking things like answers to security questions, these are likely to be no good as they will have undoubtedly changed.

Have you stayed in the same place for the last 2 years, is your home connection routed through a VPN? If so it should show your IP as consistent for the last 2 years, and then followed by an unknown IP logging in and changing the details.

Associate
OP
Would have thought this would be enough too.

OP, have you asked what details they require to prove ownership? If they're asking things like answers to security questions, these are likely to be no good as they will have undoubtedly changed.

Have you stayed in the same place for the last 2 years, is your home connection routed through a VPN? If so it should show your IP as consistent for the last 2 years, and then followed by an unknown IP logging in and changing the details.
i dont have a vpn but stayed in the same address for 4 years now.

and yes i only manage to get as far as security questions and answers, when i tell them i dont know the answer as someone has changed them and thats why im contacting them thats when i get annoyed as it seems as tho they do not listen

Soldato
i dont have a vpn but stayed in the same address for 4 years now.

and yes i only manage to get as far as security questions and answers, when i tell them i dont know the answer as someone has changed them and thats why im contacting them thats when i get annoyed as it seems as tho they do not listen

They're typically following a script for people who've forgotten their passwords etc.

You need to speak with someone who works on account recovery. Don't get frustrated on the call as that will get you nowhere. Just ask to be put through to the support team that deals with account recovery.

Back
Top Bottom