**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Got my mi5 few days ago and very happy so far :)

It did have the global rom already but an old version, so decided to install latest which was a bit fiddly, as ended up using old versions of certain tools i.e miflash and the unlock tool as bootloader was locked, went through the proper process on Xiaomi website and they approved the request within a few hours.

Coming from iPhone 5, everything is better as you'd expect.. screen, camera, torch, sound

maj

maj

Soldato
Got my mi5 few days ago and very happy so far :)

It did have the global rom already but an old version, so decided to install latest which was a bit fiddly, as ended up using old versions of certain tools i.e miflash and the unlock tool as bootloader was locked, went through the proper process on Xiaomi website and they approved the request within a few hours.

Coming from iPhone 5, everything is better as you'd expect.. screen, camera, torch, sound

Good choice. Quite pleased with the spec and features of it considering the price. Just wish it had an SD card slot which I found really useful on my previous phone. MIUI does take awhile to get used to and seems to be lacking options like sorting apps alphabetically easily so I installed a launcher.

Soldato
Good choice. Quite pleased with the spec and features of it considering the price. Just wish it had an SD card slot which I found really useful on my previous phone. MIUI does take awhile to get used to and seems to be lacking options like sorting apps alphabetically easily so I installed a launcher.
Yeah still getting used to the interface etc

One thing I keep doing by accident is pressing the power button on the side though, maybe they should have placed it at the top!

maj

maj

Soldato
Ah yeah my girlfriend hates that as whenever she goes to use it she keeps locking it by mistake. I don't find it too be that much of an issue now that I know where it is, even when on calls but agree another location for it would have been better. Not sure what I'll be getting next as I would prefer something with an SD card slot but it just goes to show how overpriced the 'big' name brands are in comparison for essentially the same phone.

Soldato
Ah yeah my girlfriend hates that as whenever she goes to use it she keeps locking it by mistake. I don't find it too be that much of an issue now that I know where it is, even when on calls but agree another location for it would have been better. Not sure what I'll be getting next as I would prefer something with an SD card slot but it just goes to show how overpriced the 'big' name brands are in comparison for essentially the same phone.
Yeah in a way it's a good thing they aren't selling in EU, as then prices would be inflated to match competitors. As we have seen with Huawei for example.

SD card slot is not too much of an issue atm, as I got the 64GB version which is a lot compared to the 16GB I had before :p

maj

maj

Soldato
Yeah in a way it's a good thing they aren't selling in EU, as then prices would be inflated to match competitors. As we have seen with Huawei for example.

SD card slot is not too much of an issue atm, as I got the 64GB version which is a lot compared to the 16GB I had before :p

I only got the 32GB as was first time I had imported a phone into the UK and didn't want to make too much of a risk if I encountered any problems. In hindsight I had nothing to worry about and should have just got the 64 which would have nullified the need for an SD card now.

Man of Honour
Not sure if the phone you want is on there, but I've just received a new phone from eGlobal Central, only took 3 working days from order to delivery, and no custom charges either (they state that on their website as they ship into the UK and deliver from there) I paid the extra £5-6 to get insured delivery and the phone turned up via DPD, I'm very happy so far :)

maj

maj

Soldato
Not sure how geekbuying post their items (as in what value and what they say in is parcel) but I've bought two things from them and paid zero customs charges on either.

Soldato
Not sure if the phone you want is on there, but I've just received a new phone from eGlobal Central, only took 3 working days from order to delivery, and no custom charges either (they state that on their website as they ship into the UK and deliver from there) I paid the extra £5-6 to get insured delivery and the phone turned up via DPD, I'm very happy so far :)

What's the dealio with this company? Massive discounts on a lot of phones, the S8 is £498!

Man of Honour
The phone I bought was an unlocked international model, brand new. The seals are cut but I believe they check every phone before going out, mine was certainly new & unused.

Shipped from Manchester via DPD once it was in the UK, but like I said took 3 working days from order to delivery, though they state 6-8 normally, so far so good :)

Soldato
The phone I bought was an unlocked international model, brand new. The seals are cut but I believe they check every phone before going out, mine was certainly new & unused.

Shipped from Manchester via DPD once it was in the UK, but like I said took 3 working days from order to delivery, though they state 6-8 normally, so far so good :)

Sweet, what phone did you go for?

Associate

Did it come with a UK mains plug?

Back
Top Bottom