Skyline cities

Associate
Hi everyone i am currebtly saving for a alienware laptop i was origionally getting for total war games but rediculous only buying for one game so been looking at other games and love the look of sim city but apparantly skyline cities is much better do you agree ? Looks excellent, i have prison architect and love design games used to love rollercoaster tycoon.

Will my laptop play skyline cities you think ? I dont think my current one will

Acer aspire e15
Intell core i3
Intell hd graphics 4400
4gb ram
?

Pretty sure it has no chance think i will have to wait until get alienware

Thanks dean

Associate
Check out Banished.
I personally think it's miles above what Cities Skylines managed, plus it's not laden with DLC that is limited (eg: snow only on set map modes), plus you can use Banished on a low end system with ease. Also heavily modable too.
CS is okay, bit definitely needs a beast of a system once you get things built up a bit in game.

Soldato
Banished is awesome and dirt cheap plus there are a lot of mods on steam. It is a massive time sink though and i think you really need to be into these types of games to enjoy it.

Cities skylines is good but i still find the road system to be broken. I cam provide a shorter route for people to get too and from work but nope they go the long way and cause jams. Plus i find merging roads into and out of motorways and duel carriageways to be very clunky

Soldato
Bought Cities Skylines myself for £6 on weekend, thought it would be relaxing.

Turns out I wasnt relaxed. I enjoyed it initially but when things start to go wrong I get really stressed and wish I'd done it different and then wanna demolish everything and start over .

Not sure I have the right mental capacity lol.

Associate
Can't comment on Banished, like some of the other posts.

However, if/when you come to getting Cities Skylines, I highly recommend you check out at least one mod: Auto Demolish. Buildings that are abandoned/destroyed by fire require demolishing before a new one can be built. I didn't enjoy having to individually demolish a fair few buildings (granted, should improve to not have them in the first place!). I just pretended that the mod was an employee that I hired to do it for me ;)

Soldato
Can't comment on Banished, like some of the other posts.

However, if/when you come to getting Cities Skylines, I highly recommend you check out at least one mod: Auto Demolish. Buildings that are abandoned/destroyed by fire require demolishing before a new one can be built. I didn't enjoy having to individually demolish a fair few buildings (granted, should improve to not have them in the first place!). I just pretended that the mod was an employee that I hired to do it for me ;)
I think they get auto demolished, it just takes a while.

Back
Top Bottom