Tail tidy question

Associate
when fitting a tail tidy do you have to cut the wiring? I have an R&G one on order for my Z650 but if i want to go back to the stock plastic rear end is it easy to do so? i don't want to start cutting the wiring to the numberplate light etc.

Soldato
When I fitted my evotech tail tidy last week, I had to cut and crimp the plate light with new wiring.

I know R&G do require cutting some cables on some models but it'll be bike specific.

Is yours a 2017 z650 or older?

Associate
OP
The tail tidy arrived today. Looks pretty solid and well made. The kit comes with all the correct fittings so no need to cut any wires.

Caporegime
when fitting a tail tidy do you have to cut the wiring? I have an R&G one on order for my Z650 but if i want to go back to the stock plastic rear end is it easy to do so? i don't want to start cutting the wiring to the numberplate light etc.

does it change the indicators? some times you have to remvoe the stock propietory connections and replace with bullet connections for r&g stuff.

i think what i ended up doing was cutting off the r&g bullet connector and splicing it on to the original, connector from the indicators so i maintained the stock connections

Associate
OP
No it does not come with indicators...i will be using the standard ones so they will plug straight back in.

Is this modification something you have to tell your insurance company about?

Caporegime
No it does not come with indicators...i will be using the standard ones so they will plug straight back in.

Is this modification something you have to tell your insurance company about?

nah you're soudn then.

bolt off, bolt on and you're good to go.

only tell the insurance if you'd like to add it to your cover, incase you damage it.

Back
Top Bottom