Associate
OP
Update 17/06/2017

Motherboard Tray SSD Mod Before
uOaCYW8.jpg.png

After
gBvL2C8.jpg.png

Kv898wn.jpg.png

This tray mod allows me to have an SSD mounted to the back of the motherboard tray, I removed the metal hump from
the motherboard tray, this allows for
more room beside the power supply to route cables & drilled 4 screw holes,
The S.S.D data & power connector can be mounted facing up or down,

More to follow soon.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Update 18/06/2017
New Motherboard for build with ARUA SYNC: Asus ROG Strix Z270I Gaming Intel Mini ITX
this board as full LED/R.G.B strip support & can be Plugged directly into the 4 pin port,
or by the Power supply unit, the SATA Adaptor comes with some of the Asus LED Cablemod Kits.
rNRAAJE.jpg.png
Note: 12volts is the MAX from the Port.
Can control the L.E.D. Strip from the ASUS software

Last edited:
Soldato
shuold look like a tidy build!

have you looked at the foot print of the mATX verison of the case to give you a little more room for the same litre space?
Having built in a Jonsbo UMX1 & 3, the mATX version was about 2 litres more and you got more in, not to sure if Raijintek are the same

Associate
OP
shuold look like a tidy build!

have you looked at the footprint of the mATX version of the case to give you a little more room for the same litre space?
Having built in a Jonsbo UMX1 & 3, the mATX version was about 2 litres more and you got more in, not sure if Raijintek are the same
Hello ,This Metis Case dimensions (D/W/H): 277mm*190mm*254mm
, Just checked the Size of...
UMX1 Plus Window Edition a No, no, Don't support Tall Coolers & To big of case
Height x Width x Depth 345 x 160 x 300 mm
Maximum height of CPU coolers 130 mm

UMX3 Window edition
Height x Width x Depth 365 x 188 x 358 mm Very Big

Already did a build in the Raijintek
Styx - Windowed - Black Micro ATX Case ,Again Very Big Dimension (D/W/H): 360mm*210mm*335mm

Last edited:
Soldato
Hello ,This Metis Case :Dimension (D/W/H): 277mm*190mm*254mm
,J ust checked the Size of...
UMX1 Plus Window Edition a No ,no , Don't support Tall Coolers & To big of case
Height x Width x Depth 345 x 160 x 300 mm
Maximum height of CPU coolers 130 mm

UMX3 Window edition
Height x Width x Depth 365 x 188 x 358 mm Very Big

Already did a build in the Raijintek
Styx - Windowed - Black Micro ATX Case ,Again Very Big Dimension (D/W/H): 360mm*210mm*335mm

ah, styx is slightly bigger :( shame as would have allowed some better cooling at least, but they really need to update it with full glass like the Thetis and I loved that case! again, wasnt to much bigger the the Styx

sorry, got mixed up was UMX3 Vs the UMX4. had them side by side and little difference , but UMX4 atx was made afterwards

Associate
OP
Cooling in the Metis Now with Fan on front & air vented back Is great, temps as if it was a Styx,:) Graphics card fan doesn't even spin so cool with so much air.
UMX4 Height x Width x Depth 437 x 204 x 426 mm , Massive case full atx

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Update 20/06/2017

UXagFrL.jpg.png

HCXVA8w.jpg.png

ihFfGHZ.jpg.png

McXTzsA.jpg.png

GCr7fwV.jpg.png

95gfuMY.jpg.png

MlE6P9g.jpg.png

The ROG Strix Z270I Motherboard Automatic detected the Memory in the AURA SYNC Software
& Can Fully customize the R.G.B LEDs anyway you want, I Set mine up for Blue & Green,
Also the Side of motherboard,

I was going to add an R.G.B LED strip, But after adding the RGB Memory I found it was Bright enough already Around inside of Metis, If you do want to add an R.G.B strip then
Akasa Vegas MB RGB LED Magnetic Strip - 50cm would do nice plugged directly into the R.G.B port,
Saves Using A Molex or SATA cable for power, No cable clutter, Other R.G.B strips that cost more & harder to come by ..are the Asus Cablemod Strips.

7XIwOLS.jpg.png

uhSSThi.jpg.png

Last edited:
Associate
OP
really like the front panel artwork
Thank you, it Stands out alright, Power Light acts like the Moon/ eclipse Above the Castle :)

Did have "Secret of Mana Art" on Front, But was too overpower on the green for a white Case,
Also just found out that game now on Nintendo Switch,
Copyright Still on it for a retro game. Square Enix May of seen it as "promoting other commercial Products" Not sure.

Last edited:
Associate
Thank you , it Stands out alright , Power Light acts like the Moon/ eclipse Above the Castle :)

Did have "Secret of Mana Art" on Front ,But was too overpower on the green for a white Case ,
Also just found out that game now on Nintendo Switch over in Japan ,
Copyright Still on it for a retro game. Square Enix May of seen it as "promoting other commercial Products" Not sure .
yeah i liked the way the power switch looked like the moon

Associate
I really like your build. I have ordered some parts including the Raijintek metis plus case. I am thinking about having corsair h75 AIO in a push/pull configuration ie; from inside push fan -> radiator -> pull fan (exhaust) in the rear and the top fan as a low static pressure intake fan at 800rpm to cool the GPU (MSI 1070 aero mini oc). What do you think about this setup? Should I have the lower back as intake or exhaust?

Associate
OP
I really like your build. I have ordered some parts including the Raijintek metis plus case. I am thinking about having corsair h75 AIO in a push/pull configuration ie; from inside push fan -> radiator -> pull fan (exhaust) in the rear and the top fan as a low static pressure intake fan at 800rpm to cool the GPU (MSI 1070 aero mini oc). What do you think about this setup? Should I have the lower back as intake or exhaust?

Hello .Well the MSI 1070 aero mini will be taking air from the top blowing down, Use the Exhaust bottom rear, Yes As seen on my Air Diagram on page 1

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Update 02/07/2017

Here is Youtube link to a nice video on Acrylic side panel
Modding for the Metis/Plus by andydjangoo

For Anybody who wants more info on The Full Acrylic side Window

Note: The top Panel of Metis Case have another 2 silver screws each side After taking
the side Panels off, May make it even easy when using Thumbscrews
to drill the holes in the Acrylic sheets matching them holes instead of the original case side panels top holes,
that way you can screw each of the thumb screws into them holes saving you time/
Easy access to taking all 3 panels off.
Very useful when using thumb screws & Have both side Panels full Acrylic.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Update 27/07/2017

Modded Side frame trim Art & Top Panel Side
Added side trim art 27cm x 1cm to take away the bear side Frame holes, Now looks a lot better with full acrylic window.

Changed top side art to something else, also laid art out
properly This Time.

X9SKPer.jpg.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom