Who here owns a Subaru?

Associate
Aye I more meant as an optional extra rather than a special edition. Not sure it's worth the extra + engine rebuild costs for the heated seats. :p

Soldato
OP
No need for the Facebook message, it's simples.

Blobeye STis have been known to wear the synchros on 4th & 5th quite easily. It happened on mine on a miss-shift, thereafter the 4th would nearly always grind. Apparently not uncommon.

The hawkeyes onward came with carbon synchros on 4th-6th so when I had mine done I had them replaced with the carbon ones which are supposedly a lot tougher. Keep it in mind if yours ever starts getting tough to shift into 4th or 5th.

Some use Redline gearbox oil to help mind. It was too late for mine at that point :D

Soldato
The hawkeyes onward came with carbon synchros on 4th-6th so when I had mine done I had them replaced with the carbon ones which are supposedly a lot tougher. Keep it in mind if yours ever starts getting tough to shift into 4th or 5th.

Would the widetrack blobs have carbon synchros considering they used the later DCCD box?

Soldato
Had my 2nd scooby for only 3 weeks until it was stolen and burnt out....was an import forester cross sport with a few added goodies. Sadly it's gone to car heaven now and the people who did it get away scot free :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Soldato
Cool, cheers Kosta. Job for over the winter then I think.

Do you port it to gasket size? Just the engine end or uppipe end as well? Is the Harvey trick uppipe still worth going for?

Worth wrapping the manifold while I'm there?

Associate
Pic from last week :)

19250458_10155334649615119_8182132793217756742_o.jpg

Soldato
For seemingly no reason, my Whiteline ARB bushes have started making a terrible din - any way to quieten them down again? Ordered some suitable lubricant but wondering if that'll even have the desired effect...

Soldato
OP
Cool, cheers Kosta. Job for over the winter then I think.

Do you port it to gasket size? Just the engine end or uppipe end as well? Is the Harvey trick uppipe still worth going for?

Worth wrapping the manifold while I'm there?

Just shy of gasket size. Port each pipe fully. Harvey trick up pipe very much worth it.

Yes definitely wrap the manifold. Will smoke like mad for a bit but eventually stop smelling etc.

For seemingly no reason, my Whiteline ARB bushes have started making a terrible din - any way to quieten them down again? Ordered some suitable lubricant but wondering if that'll even have the desired effect...

Squeaking? If no the lubricant should do the trick. Can get extremely squeaky on the smallest of movements if dry!

Back
Top Bottom