Corsair H110 H110i H110iGT etc

Soldato
Is there some place that explains the actual differences in pumps etc and noise.. I know the GT has Corsair Link (dont care for it) but I am wondering what extras/improvements the "higher" models have over the basic H110 model....

Quieter pump? Better fans? More performance?

I know there is the risk of fanboys who bought the "better" models claiming the thing is better for all sorts of reasons but I am looking for REAL confirmed differences?

Thanks

Soldato
Same coolers with cosmetic changes and new names.

Corsair Joseph
Industry Affiliate
FoxxyRin said:
It seems that Corsair is simply renaming things for 2016.
H80i GT is now the H80i V2.
H100i GTX is now the H100i V2.
H110i GT is now the H110i.
H110i GTX is now the H115i.​
Whether or not there are any actual differences in these new models, I'm not sure, but according to what information I've found, they are just new, renamed models.​
That's exactly what they are, we've just updated the SKUs. They are technically the same in terms of performance. The only thing that's worth mentioning is that the V2 models all have had their blocks slightly tweaked to ensure compatibility with Skylake Mini-ITX boards that may have components right next to the socket.

Associate
so what would you recommend as an upgrade for the H100i as the model i got was purchased in 2013, and how it has stopped working, waiting on rma, but in the mean while if there are new models,i would just purchase one, but it has to support Noctua fans.

Soldato
Any CLC you get is likely to have similar problems in similar amount of time. Pumps wear out and 3-5 years is normal for lower performance pumps .. and the pumps used in CLCs are very lowest performance made.

I'm not sure if AIOs like be quiet! Silent Loop will last longer or not. I do like my Silent Loop because it has copper radiator, proper fititngs and a fill port .. all in a system that also appears to be much better quality. I do know the Silent Loop pump moves more coolant than CLC pumps do. It is not a CLC, it is an AIO. CLCs are hermetically sealed at factory with no provisions for maintenance or modification .. not even topping up coolant level. Below is a chart of some AIO pump flow, pressure and amp specifications. By comparison a D5 custom loop pump has 1200 l/h, 3.7 meter lift. and 37 watts .. many times more flow, lift and power .. and these are AIOs (not CLCs) advertised as being expandable. I think you can see how the D5 pump has way more performance than the AIOs do. These AIOs have much more pump performance ability than CLCs do. If CLC pumps have any ratings given (most have no flow or head ratings) only give them amp ratings, and these rating are more like fan amp ratings .. lower than many performance fan amp ratings.
AIO%20pump%20specs._zpsdqt33bwx.png

Soldato
The newer gen Asetek pumps have variable RPM, namely NZXT X41/42/51/52/61/62, Corsair V2 CLC etc.

With the control of pump speed available down to sub 2000rpm level the pump induced resonance can be reduced to a much more tolerable level at the cost of some performance loss.

Personally I own both a D15 and an X52, I can tell you that when tuned down the pump resonance is still there but probably very tolerable for less peripherally sensitive individuals.

AIO has come a long way and shouldn't be assumed to have stayed sessile in the market.

Soldato
I found some more data on CLC pumps but it's rather limited. The only info from Asetek is speed range, but no load rating, so no idea of flow or lift.
AIO%20amp%20CLC%20pump%20specs._zpsqghm906k.png

Associate
The newer gen Asetek pumps have variable RPM, namely NZXT X41/42/51/52/61/62, Corsair V2 CLC etc.

With the control of pump speed available down to sub 2000rpm level the pump induced resonance can be reduced to a much more tolerable level at the cost of some performance loss.

Personally I own both a D15 and an X52, I can tell you that when tuned down the pump resonance is still there but probably very tolerable for less peripherally sensitive individuals.

AIO has come a long way and shouldn't be assumed to have stayed sessile in the market.

okay seeing that you own the X52, and looking at my specs regarding the case, do you know if i would be lucky enuff to fit that, as hopefully with the re release of the cosmo s II temper glass edition out, the beautiful led mirror effect would go well with my step up, and can get the door separately....

Back
Top Bottom