*** Battlefield 1 ***

Associate
Seems to be par for the course with online gaming these days..after many many years of online gaming being my primary genre, this year I have dropped it in favour of co-op gaming with friends. All the fun, none of the exploits/hacks/drama/keyboardwarriors

Since moving from consoles to PC the PC is absolutely riddled with cheaters.

Soldato
Since moving from consoles to PC the PC is absolutely riddled with cheaters.

Have you any proof of these cheaters or is it just the transition and skill level which is more competitive ? I'm not trying to demean you, it's just for example in BF1 I've probably seen a handful of dodgy/hackers in a thousand(roughly) games so it's not a problem.

I've played with clan mates who are insanely good, watched them play and annihilate teams solo getting accused of cheating when it's purely been down to knowledge and pure skill.

Associate
Have you any proof of these cheaters or is it just the transition and skill level which is more competitive ? I'm not trying to demean you, it's just for example in BF1 I've probably seen a handful of dodgy/hackers in a thousand(roughly) games so it's not a problem.

I've played with clan mates who are insanely good, watched them play and annihilate teams solo getting accused of cheating when it's purely been down to knowledge and pure skill.

I don't just mean Battlefield 1 I mean PC Gaming in general, I've been PC gaming since 2011 now.

Man of Honour

I'm finding it harder and harder to tell lately, some cheats that are around are becoming quite sophisticated. For example, on Star Wars Battlefront, there is a cheat which allows you to alter all manner of things, one of the things is your firing rate, so you can set your gun to shoot say..2x speed. In the hectic gunfights its quite difficult to actually notice a gun firing faster and so its difficult to discern that the person is using a cheat. Stuff like No Bullet Spread and No Recoil are also tough to spot. Was a lot easier to spot a cheater back in the day when it was stuff like wall hacks and aimbots, those were easy to spot but lately the more wise hackers have come to learn that cheating a little is more effective than cheating a lot.

Caporegime
PC will always be worse for cheaters, cheating is still possible on consoles but it is far far far far harder to do.

EDIT:

Also, I think console players aren't as "competitive" as PC gamers in online games, especially FPS ones i.e. they aren't fussed about trying to get an advantage over other players by upgrading to gamer orientated hardware, running everything on low/off for graphics or/and fps purposes so are less likely to look into cheats anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've sent a request to join the platoon :) (Spikecast08)

You're in :)

Had some good games of rush last night, not played it really since the beta, but we were pretty much rolfstomping defending or attacking (We lost one of 5 but that was after joining a game in progress).
The hackusations were flying in chat despite us not getting very impressive KDRs. Winning is winning though.. :D

Man of Honour
PC will always be worse for cheaters, cheating is still possible on consoles but it is far far far far harder to do.

EDIT:

Also, I think console players aren't as "competitive" as PC gamers in online games, especially FPS ones i.e. they aren't fussed about trying to get an advantage over other players by upgrading to gamer orientated hardware, running everything on low/off for graphics or/and fps purposes so are less likely to look into cheats anyway.

Most simple way to remove most of the cheaters is to just remove the K/D tallies. Make it about the team winning or losing, rather than the individual and many hackers would just stop because they cant demonstrate their "skill" with a big score screen

Soldato
Most simple way to remove most of the cheaters is to just remove the K/D tallies. Make it about the team winning or losing, rather than the individual and many hackers would just stop because they cant demonstrate their "skill" with a big score screen

I doubt that would make much difference TBH. I wouldn't imagine that prolific cheaters are doing it to pad their stats, rather I expect they do it because they get a kick out of ruining other people's games. You'd probably do better just to remove chat..

Caporegime
Yeah most cheaters just do it as they get enjoyment from people getting angry etc. But hiding k/d on the main scoreboard would be a start as well as removing chat altogether. Personally I hide the chat in any FPS online game I play now, I used to love it back in bc 2, bf 3/4 days but it has gotten to a point where it is just too excessive now, constant **** being posted, it somewhat takes away from the game when you see "******* cheater", "get cancer", "this team ******* sucks", "2ez/rekt" etc. etc. constantly popping up :D :p

Soldato
You're in :)

Had some good games of rush last night, not played it really since the beta, but we were pretty much rolfstomping defending or attacking (We lost one of 5 but that was after joining a game in progress).
The hackusations were flying in chat despite us not getting very impressive KDRs. Winning is winning though.. :D

Cheers buddy!

Man of Honour
I doubt that would make much difference TBH. I wouldn't imagine that prolific cheaters are doing it to pad their stats, rather I expect they do it because they get a kick out of ruining other people's games. You'd probably do better just to remove chat..

I'd do both. I'd remove chat and K/D, frankly neither are needed

Associate
Yeah most cheaters just do it as they get enjoyment from people getting angry etc. But hiding k/d on the main scoreboard would be a start as well as removing chat altogether. Personally I hide the chat in any FPS online game I play now, I used to love it back in bc 2, bf 3/4 days but it has gotten to a point where it is just too excessive now, constant **** being posted, it somewhat takes away from the game when you see "******* cheater", "get cancer", "this team ******* sucks", "2ez/rekt" etc. etc. constantly popping up :D :p

agreed.. i keep the chat on but ignore it 90% of the time anyway.. there is the odd few games though where you get some friendly banter or respect for that "nice shot!!"
such disgusting comments make you realise what type of people they are though.. because no way would they say that in the real world, yet when they are behind a keyboard...

they need to start implementing things in keyboards that send a nasty shock through if your being a dick online :D

Associate
only seen a handful who were obviously cheating.. im talking every kill is a headshot with an lmg
thats in about 200 ish hours of playing so not too bad

Soldato
Seen about 4 cheaters so far (in 13 days of gaming) so not bad.

The game is, however, playing like crap for the last few weeks.
Game had been playing fine for me this week, most if not all of the terribad hit reg has gone for me even on 64 player conquest.
Been playing a few rounds of Rush which has been great fun, almost bringing back the nostalgia of BC2. In the Beta I think the servers were just too big, with two many vehicles, but 16 v 16 is great fun.

Back
Top Bottom