Seasonic RMA, what cables have to be returned? Is there a Seasonic rep on the forum?

Soldato
I have two Seasonic PSU's to return, G550 and a Platinum X 660.

Seasonic have accepted the return on both PSU's however i'm not fully sure what cables should be included in the RMA.

Should I also include 3 pin power cables for example. Worse I own a number of Seasonic PSU's and I might have an issue matching up the exact cables that came with each unit.

Can anyone offer any advice, or even better is there any Seasonic rep on the forums?

Failing this does anyone have a UK phone number for Seasonic RMA, when I checked the only numbers I could find were aboard.

Soldato
I guess best would be to ask from their support.
(maybe including if you had some support ticket number)

Seasonic has office/department in Netherlands but haven't seen phone number...

Soldato
I haven't dealt with Seasonic but when I RMA'ed a PSU with EVGA they specifically told me to only return the PSU without cables or accessories, I guess it's incase they return it.

Man of Honour
I would either double check with them first or don't return any of the cables as I have seen people just get the actual psu back with nothing else before. Some manufacturers will also send a brand new sealed unit complete with cables so you can't really say which scenario will happen so it's better to be safe than sorry.

Soldato
OP
On the Seasonic RMA email it says to include original DC cables.

I do have an email address for Seasonic RMA, and i'm going to email them to double check.

My issue was I own quite a number of Seasonic PSU's, so I can't be sure i'll be including the correct DC cables for return. If they really want the cables best I can do is go on a review site just as JonnyGuru and try and match cables to pictures from a review site.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well thats impressive!

In under 4 hours (and on a Sunday), Seasonic have confirmed by email they can test without cables. So I only have to return the actual PSU's now, so this is good!

Soldato
OP
Just an update on this, RMA went fine, Seasonic sent me two new PSU's in sealed new box's. They actually upgraded the P660 for a P760 as I presume P660 is not produced any more.

PSU's came from Germany, and they put extra UK mains plugs in box, this is despite not sending back any cables. Seasonic were very sympathetic to my original problem of not being able to match original cables up, and when I explained the original cables were in use and I already swapped out the faulty PSU's with new Seasonic Units they let me keep all the cables. But it's all good, as I have loads of spare DC cables now.

BTW Seasonic DC cables are compatible with XGold, G Series, P series, only exception I have found is I also own a very early XGold from 2009, and that had a change on the motherboard PSU connection compared to later PSU's. Anyway it means if you can't find the cable you need from one PSU box you can take it from another PSU box.

But yes everything fine, tracked by FedEx on return, boxed well on return, and Seasonic have a portal that says status of testing stage so easy to know where your up to.

Associate
Just an update on this, RMA went fine, Seasonic sent me two new PSU's in sealed new box's. They actually upgraded the P660 for a P760 as I presume P660 is not produced any more.

PSU's came from Germany, and they put extra UK mains plugs in box, this is despite not sending back any cables. Seasonic were very sympathetic to my original problem of not being able to match original cables up, and when I explained the original cables were in use and I already swapped out the faulty PSU's with new Seasonic Units they let me keep all the cables. But it's all good, as I have loads of spare DC cables now.

BTW Seasonic DC cables are compatible with XGold, G Series, P series, only exception I have found is I also own a very early XGold from 2009, and that had a change on the motherboard PSU connection compared to later PSU's. Anyway it means if you can't find the cable you need from one PSU box you can take it from another PSU box.

But yes everything fine, tracked by FedEx on return, boxed well on return, and Seasonic have a portal that says status of testing stage so easy to know where your up to.
Hi , yes i know very late comment but just want to know was there also another UK plug inside the PSU box itself or was it a european one? if you can remember haha. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom