RAC admin fees, whats all this about?

Soldato
I have been an RAC member continually since 2001. I go to renew and now they want me to enter into a separate contract for something related to an admin fee of about £35, worse this admin fee contract is with another company.

I can't renew my RAC now as I don't understand what the separate contract is about, what ever happened to being given a single price and you paid it.

I'm sure this world is going mad and it's getting madder, why try and enter someone into two contracts when it worked so well is past.

Does anyone know what the RAC admin fee thing is about?

Soldato
Quidco + new AA policy = job done :)

Sounds dodgy as hell, especially if they're giving you no info about it...

Exactly this. Quidco give you stupid amounts of cashback on these policies. Swap between RAC and AA every year and save a fortune. AA wanted something like £240 this year to renew on a 1 car policy. With Quidco on a me + wife policy (so should cover all my cars then), after Quidco the cost was down to around £90 or something.

Soldato
As above, keep swapping between the two and take advantage of the cashback.

Why on earth have you kept renewing, you pay more each year than a new customer would do.

Soldato
If you have some clubcard vouchers stored up you can buy RAC cover through the reward site.
Got roadside and recovery for £32 worth I think.

Soldato
There is no need to keep switching between RAC and AA every year for the Cashback. I have the premier RAC cover + Parts which cost £140 last year after cashback. They then sent me a £300 renewal and i told them that i was going to AA for the same cover at £150 after cashback and they matched it so i got the cashback price without the wait.

Soldato
I was going to start the "finding the best deal" but both the AA & RAC have all these disclaimers on their site about cashback sites making life difficult.
Both AA & RAC are doing special pricing, money off etc - but all say "Not open to people who arrive here via a cashback site". It seems impossible to get pricing without these special deals, making comparing prices rather difficult.
Cannot see how much you're expected to pay if you want to get the cashback.

I've had a renewal through from Greenflag - Recovery Plus for £75. Think I'll take that :)

Soldato
Lol I don't even have breakdown cover. If you do break down you can just phone them up, join on the spot and they will still come out to you. It was about £30-40 extra when I did it after an Audi A3 exploded. But it's saved me £100s over the years. But yea, I went Japanese so breaking down isn't a worry :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom