Overwatch

Soldato
Thanks imginy, that does help yea! That makes a lot more sense and less confusing. Aim for basic composition (2 healers, 2 tank etc) and change to suit if an area is needed. And/or change to counter certain characters if they are proving a problem. A lot of guides I have seen put so much emphasis on the rock papers element, it made me think that the team had to be made up of very specific characters and that was confusing!

Associate
I would report this to Blizzard it cannot be correct behaviour... They have recently tweaked banning for leavers, sure punish people who leave games and never come back but it shouldn't stop you from coming back into the game.

Got any vids? I mainly play Lucio and Zen, can always do with more help.

375912030.png

What I got in my Gold box.

Thanks for the heads up, got a nice Maui roadhog skin

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I've been reading over the past 10 pages, and wanted to share my thoughts, though I don't have any revelations! BTW, I'm level 68, haven't gone into comp yet, main Soldier, Hog, Dva, and Mercy, getting better with Mei, Ana, Widow, Zen and Lucio (in no particular order).

The OW community suffers from assumptions and lack of tolerance, and a lack of consistency, but this is too often human nature.

Assumptions... got to stick to the meta for team composition, Widow always sux, profile shows you haven't used a character for 50+ hours so you suck. However, some people rock with Widow; the meta says Hanzo sux, but every team seems to have one (but can't have Widow)! Regarding info in your profile, I mainly play arcade, which doesn't seem to show in my profile, so it looks like I've only played a few hours in total.

Lack of tolerance is obvious to see... not liking other people's pick, not tolerating that sometimes people have a bad run, trying to push people to use a character that they might be rubbish with... why is it team members always shout for you to change to a particular character rather than them changing?!?! For example, I like 3v3, and was using Widow for a couple of matches on Castillo... one match I got all three eliminations, next match I catch an early headshot from Hanzo, and a guy tells me I lost us the match for picking Widow, and I suck... trust me, I still would have died from that headshot if I'd been using Soldier!!!

I haven't used my mic yet, but I'm still enjoying gameplay, and there is still decent synergy in a lot of games, but I know I should try voice comms. However, I typically can only find time to game at night when the rest of the family has gone to bed, so I'm trying to be as quiet as possible.

Anyway, I've got a few of you in my friends list, and I'll keep an eye out for a group match. Feel free to add me - uF0n#2333. Think I'll try comp soon!

Soldato
trust me, I still would have died from that headshot if I'd been using Soldier!!!

You might be playing soldier wrong then ;) I'm mucking about of course, but surely Widow would be an easier character to HS due to her often standing quite still?

I'm not agreeing with the flamer, just pointing out I would hope you play Widow and Solider very differently.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
You might be playing soldier wrong then ;) I'm mucking about of course, but surely Widow would be an easier character to HS due to her often standing quite still?

I'm not agreeing with the flamer, just pointing out I would hope you play Widow and Solider very differently.

It was a very early shot... I was on the move and hadn't even got into position for sniping... I'm not proud of it! To be fair to the other guy, it was a great shot (or a fluke).

Can't actually remember if it was a Hanzo, but at the time I assumed that someone had used Sonic Arrow and then lined me up as I came into view.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Just remembered another observation worth sharing, which has been mentioned already... if you are having a bad run, then it is definitely worth switching to the US server. As I said, I typically play late at night, and most of the guys up that late in Europe are pretty good, but it is early evening in the US, with more people online and plenty of squishy targets.

Associate
Just remembered another observation worth sharing, which has been mentioned already... if you are having a bad run, then it is definitely worth switching to the US server. As I said, I typically play late at night, and most of the guys up that late in Europe are pretty good, but it is early evening in the US, with more people online and plenty of squishy targets.
I find it the opposite. Teams really suck 6-10 but a bit after they get much better when the babyragers go to bed. Im sup or tank though so not looking to kill noobs and just need others on the team who work together.

Soldato
got to 4100 down to 3800 now.. played with and against loads of top 500's tracers and genjis are ridiculous at this rank!

i go on US servers at about 3-4 am nice change from EU as people speak a lot more!

Soldato
I've not uploaded any game footage for a while, so thought I'd throw this one up as it was one of my better halves of play. We did okay in defence, but lost the initial point far too quick. We then steam rolled them on attack.

This is a great example of why I love 3 on 3. We drop to 0-2 and then even at 1-2, for split second it's me as McCree against Winston, Mercy and Phara (skip to 2:20 in video for this point).

Soldato
Hallo :)

We have a google sheet going on which was made with the idea of destiny first but thought we could expand it to other platforms - in order to add people to play with.

Discord link is within it for OCUK also if you want to come along or add others.

https://goo.gl/kEWwsF

Soldato
I've almost breached 2000SR!!! I'm at my 'to-be' in laws in Poland and their son is away so I've been using his PC to rank up... Trying to get back to 2800 which I had previously but getting married on Friday so need to be put a little attention on that haha.

One compliment I got earlier was being asked if I was a smurf lol, my win rate I have a fairly decent win rate of 70% as Widow. So confident I'm doing a good enough job as her in all situations at the moment.

Once I breach 2k, I'll start teaming up.

Soldato
I really think Blizz need to change the rules for groups... it's a tough one but I think what they ought to do is always queue at the MAX rank of the group rather than the median, and then drop the 1000/500SR restriction... so you can queue with whoever you want, but knowing that your lower ranked players might be a bit out of their depth if you decide to span a large level range... It would guarantee friends having fun can play together no matter what, and hopefully reduce those games where you get these little 3-stacks of 2 golds and 1 diamond player who is playing maybe 300-400SR below their own rank and massively unbalances the game

Soldato
Have to be honest, that sounds like a bad idea to me. Surely there will be some very lopsided games?

So a group with five SR 1000 and a SR 2500 would be put against a team of SR 2500? How can that be a good idea? Surely the average, whilst not being perfect will still give better balance?

If you want to play with your mates at lower SR, surely that's what QP is for?

Associate
That has to be one of the worst ideas ever. Scenario - I am 3800, I queue with my 3 friends at 2000, so that's a team of 4 with a TEAM RATING of 3800!?! We join a game with 2 randos also rated at 3800, other team is a group of 4 all rated 3800 + 2 randos at 3800.

The guys who got stuck on my team with 3 gold rated players might as well just quit now, how is that in any way fair on them to be lumbered with players so far below the rank of the match ?

Stu

Stu

Soldato
This is a great example of why I love 3 on 3. We drop to 0-2 and then even at 1-2, for split second it's me as McCree against Winston, Mercy and Phara (skip to 2:20 in video for this point).

Nice accurate shooting! However, watching 2 of you get booped of the cliff makes me feel much better about my own ability!

I also play very late night... as you say, sometimes to get more people that no what they are doing, but the opposition also tend to be better. My point really is that changing to the US server changes things up for those times when you're just on a losing streak and never seem to get the better team mates.

I haz 4090!
Don
Anyone still on Discord for grouping up? I've started playing again (went off games for a bit) and switched over to Winston. Had a few successful games with Andy yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom