***It's Here!***

Caporegime
~£450 for the cheapest mobo and CPU, £530 for the same mobo and a 4C/8T and >£600 for the same mobo and a 6C/12T. Ouch.

However, interested in seeing how high some of the higher core count SKUs can clock.

Last edited:
Soldato
Started at £600, then dropped to £540, now up to £580. Glad I ordered at £540 :).

I guess sales are good, or they sold through 1st batch and this is price for 2nd batch of CPUs.

Soldato
Started at £600, then dropped to £540, now up to £580. Glad I ordered at £540 :).

I guess sales are good, or they sold through 1st batch and this is price for 2nd batch of CPUs.

The die hards will buy first. I had no doubt first batch would be gone, but after AMD threadripper releases that it'll be a hard sell. If your gaming these are pointless.

The core X series chips are worse for gaming. Hey if people want to blow money on something that is worse then by all means. I have my upgrade money which is burning a hole, but not going to waste it on something that is worse.

Associate
The die hards will buy first. I had no doubt first batch would be gone, but after AMD threadripper releases that it'll be a hard sell. If your gaming these are pointless.

The core X series chips are worse for gaming. Hey if people want to blow money on something that is worse then by all means. I have my upgrade money which is burning a hole, but not going to waste it on something that is worse.
The only thing i like in the x299 line up are the motherboards which look very nice and the seem to have a higher quality than the X370 boards.

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
All X299 CPU's in stock and G.Skill RAM too. :)

Excited to see what 8 pack's bundles will be. I really want to get a delidded 7820, and have been trying to track down trident z. If the bundles include trident z I might not be able to resist one :)

OcUK Staff
Excited to see what 8 pack's bundles will be. I really want to get a delidded 7820, and have been trying to track down trident z. If the bundles include trident z I might not be able to resist one :)

We won't be bundling G.Skill with 8 Pack bundles when we have our own superior series of 8 Pack RAM, so it shall be 8 Pack memory bundled, NOT G.Skill !

You want G.Skill you need to buy components separately as they won't be featuring in any bundles yet.

Associate
We won't be bundling G.Skill with 8 Pack bundles when we have our own superior series of 8 Pack RAM, so it shall be 8 Pack memory bundled, NOT G.Skill !

You want G.Skill you need to buy components separately as they won't be featuring in any bundles yet.

Ah I noticed that but it had 'pre-order' on the site so didn't twig :)

Sorry, just caught up with the 8 Pack RAM in the other thread, not been around for a while ;), looks great !

Last edited:
Soldato

Surprised to see them ocuk , hope you got what you wanted and not the other way around

Sgarrista
Commissario
Standard intel hype pricing.

Some of the stuff looks great, but hopefully TR will kick them with a reality check and adjust prices to suit.

Back
Top Bottom