Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Use RDDT5 for a discount I believe, or it could be RDDT10 (I know I've seen one on reddit before)

To give a greater view, please excuse the terrible focus it's come over all grey here so lighting is is terrible and I've misplaced my flash...
41qYdNb.jpg
DvNHiDn.jpg
k2xtgyg.jpg

Here you can see the blue is a ragmaster, the orange is a CarPro Boa and the yellow is a kirkland. The RagMaster towels are awesome, they are my favourite but they carry a premium price tag. The Boa is on par in my opinion and are cheaper. The Kirkland are so cheap I genuinely like them, but once I run out I'll seek something even cheaper.

e; To elaborate, I don't think I'd ever use a Kirkland on the car, I don't think it would do any damage the actual cloth at least I'm just not a fan of the stitched edge. I do have another towel I use for door shuts etcetera although I'm trying to find the main supplier to buy a load :p

Last edited:
Associate
so rather than get some acidic wheel cleaner, is there a gentler way of cleaning the crud?
I'd get some AG clean wheels (or whatever they call it) and use that. A soft toothbrush would remove the stubborn bits. I don't see a problem with acidic wheel cleaner if you rinse the wheels properly after using it and I always use a hose so not really an issue.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Had my dad's GT 'detailed' last week. Finally got some pics which I thought I could use for the sale ad, but all they do is showcase the bloke's work. Not a bad thing, just annoying I didn't get any pictures taken before the Sahara sand and light rain left their mark on the car :p

Not bad for a car sat outside for 6 years and only taken to a 'soft bristle' car wash..

uldKonf.jpg

Gcy03Rh.jpg

1hUotOx.jpg

fPiuKXb.jpg

A6SN9Q2.jpg

33ShqFU.jpg

5G4S3HU.jpg

gyL68nx.jpg

mjt

mjt

Soldato
He said it was a light polish, should remove around 80% of the scratches I think. He took 10-12 hours over it.
I'm really impressed with the leather as well. Driver's seat was almost black when it went in.

Soldato
I'm currently watching in mild anguish as a neighbour washes/sandpapers his car. Started off well with a snow foam but rather than rinsing it off he's proceeded to use a very old sponge to wipe the car down and has not rinsed the sponge once. For the stubborn dirt he's loosening it by holding pressure washer 1cm from the car and then getting it squeaky clean with the dirt sponge :eek:

I have contemplated going out there to offer him a bucket and a lambswool mitt but I don't know he very well an I can't help think it may come across as rather weird!

Soldato
I'm currently watching in mild anguish as a neighbour washes/sandpapers his car. Started off well with a snow foam but rather than rinsing it off he's proceeded to use a very old sponge to wipe the car down and has not rinsed the sponge once. For the stubborn dirt he's loosening it by holding pressure washer 1cm from the car and then getting it squeaky clean with the dirt sponge :eek:

I have contemplated going out there to offer him a bucket and a lambswool mitt but I don't know he very well an I can't help think it may come across as rather weird!
Yea, my neighbor was scrubbing his alloys with a bucket of washing up liquid and metal sponge :D

Soldato
I used Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner yesterday for the first time and was mightily impressed. With dirty wheels, not had a proper clean for a long time, one coat of BH and agitated with a wheel brush, then jet washed off, followed by some spot cleaning a second time just spraying the BH where I had missed bits and they have come up super shiny :D

I spent ages cleaning the interior and leather seats on both cars then only had 45 mins to foam, rinse, 2B wash, rinse and dry the cars but it was simples having polished and sealed them recently :)

Associate
Maintenance wash yesterday (Magifoam + 2BM with Autoglym UHD Shampoo + WOWO Quick Detailer).

Couldn't help but laugh at the neighbour washing their car with the pressure washer using the Dirtblaster lance pointed less than 1cm away from the paintwork. :eek:

Soldato
I used Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner yesterday for the first time and was mightily impressed. With dirty wheels, not had a proper clean for a long time, one coat of BH and agitated with a wheel brush, then jet washed off, followed by some spot cleaning a second time just spraying the BH where I had missed bits and they have come up super shiny :D

I spent ages cleaning the interior and leather seats on both cars then only had 45 mins to foam, rinse, 2B wash, rinse and dry the cars but it was simples having polished and sealed them recently :)
Yup it's an epic wheel cleaner

Soldato

It's great and I love the smell of it as well!

Associate
Anyone recommend a glass sealant?

I am going to start a new glass routine, thinking :
Exterior glass
Autoglym glass polish
Autoglym fast glass
Then a sealant?

Interior glass just the fast glass.

I already have the autoglym products.

Soldato
I think the GTechniq stuff is the recommended product these days (better than RainX).

I'd also suggested getting some 0000 wire wool and a razor blade scraper to make sure you get the glass really clean before you seal it.

Hand polishing glass is largely pointless. It's exceptionally hard and definitely needs a machine polisher with a professional glass polish and microfibre cutting pads to achieve anything.

Soldato

Exterior glass
Autoglym glass polish
Autoglym fast glass
Then a sealant?

Why? What's wrong with it? By routine are you thinking about polishing your glass weekly? Monthly? It's overkill. Start with a cleaner and work out what you're left with. Forensic Detailing did a video on cleaning glass before, as has Larry @ AMMO.

I personally clay my glass when it needs it, aside from that it's simply cleaned with AutoGlanz glass cleaner which has the sealant in it. Once over after every maintenance wash is fine and it has only ever been clayed once and is still smooth.

Associate

Exterior glass
Autoglym glass polish
Autoglym fast glass
Then a sealant?

I do the same as you, then use aquapel to seal the glass. this usually lasts 6 months, with just using fast glass every wash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom