Faster Than Light (iOS Only)

Soldato
Hey all!

Just a heads up - Faster Than Light (FTL) is on sale on the iOS App Store for £2.99!

I have racked up many hours on this on the PC - Can't wait to try it out on the iPad :D

Thanks,
Marky

Soldato
OP

giphy.gif

Back to FTL - Seriously, it's good stuff, and at £2.99 it's an absolute bargain!

Soldato
Ah my apologies :( I didn't put iOS in the title because I assumed there would be an Android version!

I'll try and get one of the Dons to edit the title :p

haha no need to apologise Sir! I came across as far more upset than intended. But thanks for getting the title changed (and thanks FT for doing so!)

Would like it on Android though, would be awesome!

Soldato
OP
Can see this when googling but can't see it on the app store on my phone :(

I'm afraid it's tablet only - Don't think a phone screen is big enough

I've always thought it was probably due to the piracy on Android.
Would love to have this on the Pixel C, one of my favourite PC games despite being rubbish at it! :D

Apparently, the team really hated working on the iOS version, and so couldn't bare to do an Android version.

Source

Soldato
How well does it work on tablet? I've always thought it should be quite well suited, as it's effectively a turn-based game, though wonder about multi-select when moving crew about and a few other potential issues. I've put about 70 hours into the PC version (and I game only about 10 hours per month) - wonderful game.

(I don't have an iPad anyway, and won't be getting one, so won't ever test it out)

Soldato
OP
How well does it work on tablet? I've always thought it should be quite well suited, as it's effectively a turn-based game, though wonder about multi-select when moving crew about and a few other potential issues. I've put about 70 hours into the PC version (and I game only about 10 hours per month) - wonderful game.

(I don't have an iPad anyway, and won't be getting one, so won't ever test it out)

I've only had one run through on the iPad at the moment - It takes some getting used to after knowing the PC version well, but after a few fights it's not an issue at all.

Caporegime
Damn this game is hard, even on easy I've still not beaten the boss despite about 10 attempts.

It feels like being in Star Trek playing it on my iPad! Shields up, lock weapons!

Soldato
OP
Damn this game is hard, even on easy I've still not beaten the boss despite about 10 attempts.

It feels like being in Star Trek playing it on my iPad! Shields up, lock weapons!

Shamefully it took me 26 attempts before beating the boss for the first time :p

It’s a tough game with a bit of a learning curve :D

Soldato
I never played this on the PC but I have it on the iPad.

Is it normal to only last 15ish minutes before dying.....EVERY SINGLE TIME? :(
Only played on PC but I know I died within minuted on my first go :D

Make sure to make liberal use of the pause button (assuming the iPad version works similarly to PC in that respect). When things get a bit tasty, you basically need to treat it as a turn-based combat by stopping the action regularly.

Also, upgrade shields, and the energy to run them, ASAP.

Caporegime
Timing weapons to work together and not using auto fire helped me a lot.

Beaming on board enemy ships is cool too in the later stages when they have high level shields. I just turn weapons off and beam a couple of guys on board to take out their weapons and shields. If you kill the enemies crew you get better rewards.

Back
Top Bottom