Elite Dangerous - PS4 Launch June 27th.

Soldato
Indeed, very much so. I was part of the Kickstarter and played a fair amount on the PC, but then I moved to PS4 gaming at the end of last year.
I'd love it if I could transfer my perks over to the PS4 version - the choice of starting ship, commander name etc. Truly not interested in transferring my commander over even if it was an option.
However I have this feeling that my perks will remain ever tied to the PC version.
Still, looking forward to playing it again.

Soldato
Oh the Kickstarter perks. So I've got a reserved commander name, a choice of starting ships and location, Sol permit, cargo hold full of cargo to begin with. It's nothing special, but nice to have.

Caporegime
I predict like most people, boredom will set in within a month when you realise that while the universe is as good as infinite, the game is about two inches deep.

Soldato
I wanted to like it on the XB1 when it came out and what I played I liked - although understanding what I was meant to be doing wasn't that obvious to me. I just don't have the time to invest in pushing further on.

Soldato
Indeed, very much so. I was part of the Kickstarter and played a fair amount on the PC, but then I moved to PS4 gaming at the end of last year.
I'd love it if I could transfer my perks over to the PS4 version - the choice of starting ship, commander name etc. Truly not interested in transferring my commander over even if it was an option.
However I have this feeling that my perks will remain ever tied to the PC version.
Still, looking forward to playing it again.

Any news on this? I'm a premium beta backer with a lifetime pass. Would be interested if I can get a discount on PS4 version and carry my account over...

Soldato
Yup - the only news is bad news I'm afraid.
Confirmed that there is no transfer of package/data/perks form one platform to the other. As the console versions were not part of the original Kickstarter campaign, it is considered totally separate.
So no discount on game, no commander transfer (which I personally didn't have an issue with), no free updates, no choice of starting locations, no reserved commander names etc.

I've been cheap and purchased the base game for £20 (well about £18 with the usual PSN code discounts). But if I want Horizons it'll cost me another £20, my commander name will me my PSN name and I'll be starting the same as everyone else - Sidewinder, no cargo and very few credits :)

Soldato
Been playing for a few hours and I'm enjoying it. Only played the trial on Xbox one before and a little on Mac. It looks nice but I'm getting pretty bad screen tearing in the quality setting. Setting it to performance is better but it's still noticeable.......

It looks lovely on my OLED TV. Really makes Space look Spacey..... lol

Soldato
I'm having my usual "fun & games" with docking.
Took me ages to get used to it on the PC - however starting in a Cobra III I always purchased docking computer as soon as possible.
Going to take me a little longer to sort that on the PS4 - can see there being a fair few accidents before I've sussed this one out.

Soldato
The controls are a bit on the wild side I have had a few accidents whilst trying to dock. I'm also struggling to work it all out it's not a very well explained game. I wish it would list missions you can do rather than having to go through them trying to find one that you can do. I'm enjoying it but it's all a bit overwhelming so far. I need to spend some time and learn what everything does and what is going on.

Soldato
I just did that but now have limited cargo space... lol

Tbh I'm finding navigating hard enough at the moment. I hate the coming out of warp speed just at the right moment part. I'm also struggling to find where I'm meant to be going as my waypoints keep disappearing..... :(

I'm sticking with it but have to say I found No mans sky far more enjoyable and accessible from the off..... lol

Soldato
OP
Are you overshooting drop out points?

Regarding the waypoints, if you target lock something it will override the waypoint target, use the previous/next target option will allow you to keep the waypoint targeted while being able to cycle through contacts as well, there is also a previous waypoint button assignment somewhere, not sure what the control is for the PS4 though.

Soldato
OP
The trick is to never let your timer (the line under the distance on the waypoint) go under 7 seconds, when it gets to about 10 throttle back to around the midway point of the blue indicator, that way you should never overshoot.

Back
Top Bottom