Elite Dangerous - PS4 Launch June 27th.

Soldato
how is the game??? im unsure about it esp with a couple of comments in here about it being quite shallow

Nothing like the trailers thats for sure... lol. All I have done in about 5 hours is fly to and from very similar looking space stations selling random stuff. It's about as exciting as traveling through space would be I imagine.

Soldato
The trick is to never let your timer (the line under the distance on the waypoint) go under 7 seconds, when it gets to about 10 throttle back to around the midway point of the blue indicator, that way you should never overshoot.

I have just about sussed it out now. Although tbh I'm getting a bit bored of it now there is not a lot to do other than sell stuff to try and make money. I imagine it takes a lot of grinding to get anywhere and tbh I'm not sure I want to put that many hours into it. I will play it every now and again and see how it goes slowly...

Soldato
OP
I have just about sussed it out now. Although tbh I'm getting a bit bored of it now there is not a lot to do other than sell stuff to try and make money. I imagine it takes a lot of grinding to get anywhere and tbh I'm not sure I want to put that many hours into it. I will play it every now and again and see how it goes slowly...

You've fallen into the trap of waiting to be told what to do, it's a common issue with Elite due to it's open nature and lack of anything other than very basic direction, if you want to do something else get out there and do it, there is nothing stopping you from going bounty hunting, exploring, mining or whatever right now other than probably needing some information on how to go about them, running delivery missions is dull as :)

Soldato
Yeah I know I just want to work everything out so I can do my own thing. I'm finding it all a bit hard to work out. Bring back the days when games came with a nice big manual.... lol

Soldato
OP
Associate
Hmm it was great in 1984 on the bbc with disk drives. It was ok 10 years back (oolite) on a pc for a bit of a diversion. Im not sure about this though. I would like to love it, but no demo puts me off I'm afraid.

Soldato
It's a difficult start, just getting the ship to fly to locations is pretty hard lol.

My 7 year old is having a little more joy. I told him I worked out how to scan things and identify enemies.

He replied I've been mining in the planetary rings...

Maybe doing this as a group might be more fun.

Soldato
Their is a lot of learn the game does not hold your hand thats for sure! I started off transporting goods but got bored, so I brought myself a Viper MkIII and now doing some community missions good way of making money.

Here are some videos that helped me out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNSKAteZ2y4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeorIoxsMNo
Anyway of speeding up the travelling time? I seem to spend most of my time watching a timer tick down slowly... then I slow down... then I have to wait again...then I speed up and shoot past target...

Soldato
The game, for me, opens once I had the docking computer safely installed :)
It just saves time and frustration.
Building up some cash and eventually found a station with both Cobra III & Docking Computers in stock - so made the upgrade.
Also upgraded some of the internals, better drive and I'm now jumping to around 15ly which makes running missions a lot easier. Slowly building up rank.
Yet to engage in any combat yet - I was jumped by something and lasted seconds and I've twice escaped when something tried to drop me out of supercruise/warp
However now I've got the Cobra III it is time to run some assassinations.

Soldato
OP
Anyway of speeding up the travelling time? I seem to spend most of my time watching a timer tick down slowly... then I slow down... then I have to wait again...then I speed up and shoot past target...

7 Seconds on the timer as a minimum to not overshoot, stay as far away from mass as possible as it'll slow you down so if you need to get to a station that is on the opposite side of a planet to you stay well away and go past then come back in, otherwise the mass of the planet will slow you down and make it take considerably longer.

Soldato
7 Seconds on the timer as a minimum to not overshoot, stay as far away from mass as possible as it'll slow you down so if you need to get to a station that is on the opposite side of a planet to you stay well away and go past then come back in, otherwise the mass of the planet will slow you down and make it take considerably longer.
Thanks did not know that but makes sense.

Caporegime
What's the story with other players? Is it always online and you can be destroyed by someone else playing and lose your ship, cargo, etc? I don't fancy that much.

Back
Top Bottom