Wheel Stand Pro or.........

Soldato
I've managed to pick up a Logitech G29 but am wanting a stand to put on and am wondering whether there is any better option than the Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2??

It seems to tick all the boxes for me - I have limited space and like the idea that it can just be folded up into a fairly small package, but I was wondering whether there were any other stands out there that I should be considering?

The Omega GT seems to be comparable but while it might be a little more stable having 2 "struts" rather than one, I'm 6'3" and think my knees might get a bit cramped in between the poles!?!?

Are there any others I should be considering??

Soldato
OP
I did see the Playseat but it doesn't fold down anywhere near as small as the Wheel Stand Pro and I like the idea of being able to leave everything connected and just shove it under a desk!

Soldato
I did see the Playseat but it doesn't fold down anywhere near as small as the Wheel Stand Pro and I like the idea of being able to leave everything connected and just shove it under a desk!

I have the playseat challenge myself and it folds up with wheel and pedals etc attached. I can't shove it under the desk but I stand it behind the door when it's not in use and it's not too obtrusive.

The benefit of it is that it has a chair attached so you don't need to perch on a computer chair or sofa. It's a nice bucket seat instead. Good driving position.

Last edited:
Associate
I have the playseat challenge myself and it folds up with wheel and pedals etc attached. I can't shove it under the desk but I stand it behind the door when it's not in use and it's not too obtrusive.

The benefit of it is that it has a chair attached so you don't need to perch on a computer chair or sofa. It's a nice bucket seat instead. Good driving position.

I agree, Playseat Challenge is a great compromise between functionality and practicality for the average racing sim player. I've just attached a bass shaker to mines by joeying up an extra strut at the rear...works well and provides bountiful ass vibration. Great for in game immersion...and other 'things':D My wee Torbie loves to sit on it too, the weirdo Bengal prefers to sleep on my bed.

Associate
I've managed to pick up a Logitech G29 but am wanting a stand to put on and am wondering whether there is any better option than the Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2??

It seems to tick all the boxes for me - I have limited space and like the idea that it can just be folded up into a fairly small package, but I was wondering whether there were any other stands out there that I should be considering?

The Omega GT seems to be comparable but while it might be a little more stable having 2 "struts" rather than one, I'm 6'3" and think my knees might get a bit cramped in between the poles!?!?

Are there any others I should be considering??

I went with the Omega GT for my G29, preferred not having the bar between my legs. It's well built and suits the steering wheel. I'm 6"3 as well and don't find any issues with fitting between the bars. it is quite big though, which is probably the only issue I have with it, even folded it's still pretty bulky, unlike the wheel stand pro which I believe folds up a lot better.

Soldato
OP
I ended up going with the Wheel Stand Pro in the end and I have to say I'm very impressed!

It's not at all wobbly and folds up nicely with a bit of cable management!

Thanks for the replies....

Soldato
I was thinking to get the Wheelstand Pro and a G29 but I'd not come across the Playseat Challenge before, this looks very good! Foldability is key for me, so both look great but having an integrated seat gives the Playseat extra points. Is the Playseat material hot to sit on and is there any cable management with either of these?

Last edited:
Associate
had a wheel stand pro before my current set up but found it flexed and moved around a fair bit under heavy use and has almost no upgradability, in the end bought the GT omega foldable wheel-stand with the seat section add on (https://www.gtomegaracing.com/wheel...acing-wheel-stand-accessories/rear-seat-frame), so its just like having a full cockpit but easily taken apart and folded for storage and is compatible with most gt omega addons, i have the above with gear shift and handbrake mounts, articulating keyboard tray and standalone triple screen stand and it literally takes about half an hour to set up and put away, requires no tools and all fits in the cupboard under the stairs

Not used a playseat challenge but looks like a 150 pound plus fishing chair tbh

Associate
had a wheel stand pro before my current set up but found it flexed and moved around a fair bit under heavy use and has almost no upgradability, in the end bought the GT omega foldable wheel-stand with the seat section add on (https://www.gtomegaracing.com/wheel-stands/ gt-omega-steering-racing-wheel-stand-accessories/rear-seat-frame), so its just like having a full cockpit but easily taken apart and folded for storage and is compatible with most gt omega addons, i have the above with gear shift and handbrake mounts, articulating keyboard tray and standalone triple screen stand and it literally takes about half an hour to set up and put away, requires no tools and all fits in the cupboard under the stairs

What is the seat frame and seat add on like. How high is the seat from the floor?

Love the GT Omega stand no movement what so ever and I play Dirt 4 hard so the add on seems logical to get to go to a full rig experience.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
had a wheel stand pro before my current set up but found it flexed and moved around a fair bit under heavy use and has almost no upgradability, in the end bought the GT omega foldable wheel-stand with the seat section add on (https://www.gtomegaracing.com/wheel-stands/ gt-omega-steering-racing-wheel-stand-accessories/rear-seat-frame), so its just like having a full cockpit but easily taken apart and folded for storage and is compatible with most gt omega addons, i have the above with gear shift and handbrake mounts, articulating keyboard tray and standalone triple screen stand and it literally takes about half an hour to set up and put away, requires no tools and all fits in the cupboard under the stairs

That sounds interesting. To you can mount a gear shift mounter on each side of the seat as well as attach the rear seat frame to the WSP?
Do you think it would be fairly easy to mount a normal car seat onto the rear seat frame, e.g. from say a BMW sport?

Associate
What is the seat frame and seat add on like. How high is the seat from the floor?

Love the GT Omega stand no movement what so ever and I play Dirt 4 hard so the add on seems logical to get to go to a full rig experience.

That sounds interesting. To you can mount a gear shift mounter on each side of the seat as well as attach the rear seat frame to the WSP?
Do you think it would be fairly easy to mount a normal car seat onto the rear seat frame, e.g. from say a BMW sport?

Its fantastic for the price, i have it at max height which is roughly 6-7 inches from the floor to the bottom of my seat which could be made higher by adjusting the feet or elongating the slots on the seat risers, HOWEVER im using a really really crappy low profile seat i had laying around from an old gameracer simrig from 10+ years ago WITHOUT seats sliders so if i had a descent seat i would be sitting abit higher but its all relative as steering wheel, shifter etc is all adjustable.

I was also impressed with how little it moves, the rubber feet work really well mines on laminate flooring and doesn't move at all.

Im not sure whether any seat would fit but i think it uses some sort of mounting standard as my crappy old 10+ yr old seat fitted easily with no modifications, although i think it would just be a case of drilling the mounting holes in the correct places should it not fit.

Shifter, handbrake, keyboard tray etc can be put on either side.

Associate
I have a wheelstand pro and it's perfect for just folding up and putting away in any space. My only problem I have is now when I have to brake hard my chair rolls back on the wheels.

Anyone have a solution as my bodge job of tieing some rope around is a little bit too ghetto.

Soldato
I have a wheelstand pro and it's perfect for just folding up and putting away in any space. My only problem I have is now when I have to brake hard my chair rolls back on the wheels.

Anyone have a solution as my bodge job of tieing some rope around is a little bit too ghetto.

Chocks behind your chair wheels?

Associate
Someone mentioned in the iRacing thread, take a piece of wood/mdf attach a bar across one end for the pedals to push against, then cut a circle out at the right place the other end to put the front wheel of the chair into, it acts an anchor point, needs to be thick enough that the wheel is held.

Associate
I had a Wheel Stand Pro for my old Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel that was very good but when I got my G920 it wasn't compatible. I've gone with a Playseat Challenge which is great (and to be honest easier to store than the WSP as it folds up more easily) but I haven't yet gotten around to finding a way to mount the gearshift to the seat, so that's worth bearing in mind. I'm 6'5 and the seat is very comfortable.

Associate
I had a Wheel Stand Pro for my old Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel that was very good but when I got my G920 it wasn't compatible. I've gone with a Playseat Challenge which is great (and to be honest easier to store than the WSP as it folds up more easily) but I haven't yet gotten around to finding a way to mount the gearshift to the seat, so that's worth bearing in mind. I'm 6'5 and the seat is very comfortable.

You just need a straight piece of metal u-shaped that will fold around the deck the wheel sits on inside the mouth of the wheel clamp which then sticks out one end either side of the wheel, width of the wheel base plus the distance you want the shifter from the wheel in length, just add blu tak inside the clamp jaws to avoid slippage...
I had the old playseat office chair and bought the shifter mount for like £35 then when i got it I realised it was just a metal bar as described...it works but it can come a little lose if you go aggressive on the shifter.

You can see it in the pic here...
http://www.playseat.com/shop/eu/wl/playseat-challenge-racing-seat-gearshift-support.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom